Last Weekend in Winchester

 
My crazy range of emotions continued during our last weekend.  The boys had their last day of school at Greenwood Mill which was so hard!  It's not that I don't think the kids will have a good school here in Utah.  It's just that we have made so many wonderful connections there and both Wyatt and Jackson adored their teachers.  This moving stuff is tough!!
Wyatt with Mrs. Mobley on their last day.  She was so great for Wyatt!

And kindergarten aide Mrs. Harper.  She was the aide for Jackson's class as well, so we've known her for awhile now.  And we love her!

Jackson with Mrs. Hillyard.  She is a wonderful teacher.  I could tell both teachers loved Wyatt and Jackson which as a mother, is so hard to leave!  You definitely want your kids to be in the hands of someone that cares about them so much!

 

 

One of the best things about the weekend was that Erik came back!  We again checked into the Hampton Inn and Saturday morning enjoyed our free breakfast :) before going to Jackson's last belt testing.

 
 

 

Oh gosh these pictures are hard to look at.  We have loved Master Kim so much.  In fact, I haven't decided if I really want Jackson to do taekwondo here in Herriman, because I just can't imagine we will have as good an experience as we did in Winchester.  Master Kim had the perfect blend of toughness and jokiness all while being an excellent teacher. 
 


 

 


 

Saturday night was the ward Christmas party and to be honest it was a bit awkward for me.  We had already said good bye to our friends so it felt like we were already outsiders looking in and that felt really weird!  I remember talking with Brittany Staker about how at a certain point you just want to leave already instead of prolonged good byes and I felt the same way on this night.  Of course the kids really wanted to go to the party that had been talked about in primary for weeks and so we did go.



 



Reece had been wanting to have one last play date with Jackson before we moved, so I thought bringing him to the party would work well.  Hopefully he had a good time!


The Primary leaders put on a beautiful nativity program!



 


 




 

Laken  (who was in my seminary class) wanted to get a picture at church and I'm glad I did.  She is a great young woman and an awesome babysitter for us too!

 

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this note that Jackson had written while they were playing "superhero."  It was Thor's to-do list haha

On Sunday evening we went and saw Millbrook's production of Cinderella.  Harmony (from my seminary class) and her sister Mellany (from my beehive class) and Wyatt (from my seminary class) and Josie (from my beehive class) were all in the production, so we didn't want to miss it.  THEY did a great job, but the show kind of stunk.  It was especially hard to see since I saw this musical on Broadway with Laura Osnes and Santino Fontana (Hans from Frozen)!!!!

A lot of the Groll family was there to watch and so we sat by them.  Then at intermission I noticed that Jeanette Neal was there with two of her kids!  During the second half, we texted snarky things about the show to each other haha

Monday morning, the kids wanted to get one last workout in the hotel exercise room  :)




And then we were off, for the part of this whole moving experience I was maybe dreading the most: Flying from VA to CA without Erik.  We had sooooo much luggage and the flight was soooo long.  We flew to San Diego and then had to leave security and get back to a different gate for our flight to Oakland.  By the time we got there it was like 1:30 in them morning, VA times, and we had to cart all of our luggage to the car that had been left for us by Erik's Dad (he flew to VA that morning to drive across the country with Erik-- such a great service!)

But we did finally make it to Stockton in one piece. Sweet Jackson stayed up and talked with me so I didn't fall asleep.  Oh and I ate a TON of candy to keep myself awake as well. :)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures