Thanksgiving
Well, the winter weather forecast was right, and the morning after we got back to VA there was snow! The kids were so excited to see snow for the first time that year.
And I should mention, we had fun visitors! Erik's parents had planned for months to spend Thanksgiving with us after visiting Grammy in PA. It ended up being a crazy time for us, so our Thanksgiving ambitions were scaled down, but we were so happy that they were there with us.
Wyatt wanted to put his big muscles on for Thanksgiving dinner :)
My kids didn't want to smile for the camera? Shocking! ;)
The kids discovered an old commercial of CGI babies roller skating to Gangman Style and they couldn't get enough!
So even though, we were moving out of our house just weeks after Thanksgiving, I decided to put up just one box of Christmas decorations. I simply couldn't help myself!
The day after Thanksgiving, Janet and I checked out a couple of black Friday deals, and we went to see Penguins of Madasgascar. That was a funny movie!
We never got a chance to take a "family picture" this fall, but when I was at Old Navy on Black Friday I found some coordinating outfits I liked for the kids! I had them try them on when we got home :)
Saturday night, the adults went out to dinner and Laken, who babysat the kids, sent me this picture. Haha love my crazy kids!
On Sunday, Erik and I gave talks which was an emotional experience for me, because I felt like I was kind of saying good bye to the people that have meant so very much to me over the last 4 1/2 years. I loved this instagram that Hannah Whitcomb posted of Anna and Matthew. I love all of the pictures she has taken of these two cuties over the years!
After church, we drove to the D.C. temple so we could check out the pretty lights. We also decided to take our family picture there. I need to get a fancy camera though!
I always love the Christmas decorations inside and outside the temple every year! Because, I couldn't plan and execute a lot of our Christmas traditions this year and because my stress level was kind of high, I appreciated the tender, sweet feelings that came when I reflected on the true meaning of Christmas. I am so lucky to have the knowledge I have of the Savior and truly relish being able to celebrate His birth and life!
The best picture that was taken the whole night was this one! I love how each of the kids look and they are even coordinated pretty well with their Grammy and Poppy.
Donuts after Christmas temple lights is a tradition we weren't willing to stop!
Ugh, trying to pick out a picture to put on a Christmas card is not my favorite thing.
Comments