More Family Fun
Originally my Mom planned to fly back to CA the day we got back from VA. However, when she realized that Anne and Ella's dance recital was this past weekend she decided to stay! :) So we got one more day in Herriman with Grandmother :)
We decided to take advantage of the sunny weather and go the reservoir. It was our first trip of the year, and the kids were very excited to take out our youth kayaks we bought on Black Friday.
It was fun! But I will say the reservoir was kind of gross. It has a TON of algae right now. I hope they clean it up before summer!
Later that evening my Mom and I drove down to Orem (well actually we first drove down to Provo to get some chocolate cinnamon bears at the BYU bookstore but it was close). Anyway we were meeting Derrick, Katie, and Kathryn at the Hale Theater for a production of Jane Erye. It was good! I'll admit that the music of Jane Erye is not my favorite type of Broadway music (really slow, lots of minor key) but the performances were seriously crazy good (I listened to the broadway production of Jane Erye and honest to goodness the Jane I saw and heard was a better singer than the Broadway one!). And since Jane Erye is my favorite book of all time, I loved re-living the story. The play got out quite late, so we couldn't do ice cream like we were going to do, but it was a fun evening!
Because the Target is most definitely a photo opp if your name is Anna Marie (her request), I love the way Wyatt jumped into it as well :)
Boys turn!
I was so so excited for the opening night of Captain America: Civil War! Once I figured out we wouldn't be driving to San Diego this past weekend, I immediately ordered our tickets. Anna was happy as a clam hanging out with the Coles while Erik and I took the 2 boys. Captain America is mine and Wyatt's superhero (and Erik's too maybe? He is not as much as nerd as the rest of us haha). Anyway, as you can see from the shirts, Jackson's is Iron Man. It was fun to show our allegiance that night :) And even though Wyatt is Team Cap, he was so happy to finally see Spidey in a Marvel movie! It was such a good movie too! I can't wait to see it again :)
While Erik got our drinks, the boys and I took some pics with the Captain America and Iron Man they had at the movie theater.
On Friday evening, Anna and I drove down to Provo to see Anne and Ella's dance recital :) We had ice cream and visited with Madsens and Derrick and Katie first.
Anna loved this little art installation that was put in the lobby of . . . . what's the name of the arts building at BYU- I can't remember!
The recital was sooooo great! I really wish they had something like this in Herriman. It's a modern dance school for ages 3-17 through the dance department of BYU. The show was so cute and artistic. One thing I loved about it was it very kid-centric. So different than the pageanty recitals most dance studios do. I mean don't get me wrong, I LOVE watching Anna's recitals, but I wish she was getting a richer artistic experience in her dance classes.
On Saturday Anna had a soccer game and Jackson had a football game. Both did great! Anna got one goal and blocked and turned the ball around many times. Jackson made a catch and ran for some yards, and he took the flag off an opposing player. It's fun to watch them play!
In the evening Erik and I went out to Zupas while the kids watched a movie at home. It really is so nice to do these little dates without having to get a babysitter!!
Comments