Quick Trip to Vegas

I knew there was a big chance that the butterflies would emerge while we were away for the weekend in Las Vegas.  So I took them with us!  Sure enough during our very first night at Rebecca's house, they did!

Anna and I were so excited!
So the kids and I drove down to Henderson on Thursday.  We spent the night there and then the next morning I picked up Erik who had been in Mesquite for a work trip.
After a relaxing morning, visiting and listening to the kids play and have fun.  We got some lunch at Kneaders and then went to The Jungle Book.  It was a pretty cool movie!  It was very stunning visually speaking for sure!



When we got back to the Winsborrow's house.  I challenged Erik and Rebecca to a game of Ticket to Ride (I'm pretty sure I won haha), we got some dinner at Chipotle, and the kids went on a "night hike"

And we released the butterflies!  Two were "born" with deformed wings and couldn't fly :(  I wondered if it was because while they were in the chrisillades they were in a bouncy car ride to Las Vegas.






The next morning I went on a little hike on my own and then picked up Erik and Anna for some more.








At about 11:00, we drove over to Summerlin to spend time with the Urrutias!  We were sad to have missed James who had just flown to CA for his brother's missionary homecoming, but it was great to see Erin and her darling girls.
We LOVED the warm sunshine and their fun neighborhood pool!







Parker ended up getting a fever that night so we scrapped our plans to go out to dinner and Erik and I picked up some sushi and we had a low key night visiting, watching TV, and eating :)  Sunday morning we went to church with them and then we hit the road for Herriman.



One of the movies they picked was the Sandlot and I kept taking sneaky pictures of the boys laughing at the movie.  They especially laugh at the part when the kid is trying to kiss the pretty lifeguard by getting CPR haha
Yes, I ordered Anna and Elsa costumes for my AG dolls haha  I'm not going to kid myself and I will admit this is 75% for Anna's enjoyment ;)

I finally scrubbed my very dirt Birks I felt like a true granola hippie doing that haha
Last Tuesday night was book club.  It was also Marisa's birthday so she picked a movie for us all to see: The Huntsman.  It was pretty entertaining.  I loved all of the crazy ice queen costumes that Emily Blunt got to wear!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures