Four Going On Fourteen
My wonderful, precious Jackson turned four years old today! We tried to make his day special even though his birthday party is not until Saturday, and he did enjoy it! He picked out everything he ate today starting with his pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. I'm glad that his soccer class happened to be today also, because he just loves that class. His coach was very sweet and enthusiastic about his birthday. Like I mentioned in the previous post, he does get embarrassed with this kind of attention. As soon as he walked into the kitchen this morning I immediately started singing, "Happy Birthday." He got really serious and said, "Mom, you don't need to sing to me more than once!"
Later, we went to a really pretty park with a couple of friends. I didn't have any bread that I wanted to part with, so Jackson and his friend, Schuyler fed the ducks tortillas. Jackson looked so perplexed when I handed him the food, and asked me, "Mom are these really tortillas ducks??"
Later, we went to a really pretty park with a couple of friends. I didn't have any bread that I wanted to part with, so Jackson and his friend, Schuyler fed the ducks tortillas. Jackson looked so perplexed when I handed him the food, and asked me, "Mom are these really tortillas ducks??"
Jackson and Schuyler
Wyatt was thrilled to be free to run around outside!
Jackson said he wanted pizza for dinner and normally we would go to Mountain Mikes or somewhere that's kind of tasty. But since it was Jackson's birthday, we decided we would go to Chuck E Chesse's. To me Chuck E Cheese's is one notch above a pig roast in a trailer court, but I was actually pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the place. Jackson and Wyatt both loved it, so I'm sure we will be going there again sometime.
Wyatt was happy to see a friend in Bob the Builder
Finally an air hockey game just Jackson's size!
After pizza, time for cupcakes!
so so handsome
I am so thankful that I get be Jackson's mother. I love discovering new things about this little guy. He still loves to be with friends qutie a bit. He is very interested in words and telling me what letters he sees all around him. He loves being read to, and one of my favorite activities is cuddling up on the couch with him and a big stack of library books. He is a wonderful older brother and shares and plays with Wyatt so much (sometimes after a little reminding). He is very responsible; I can count on him to help me remember things and find things, among other things. He loves practicing being a gentleman and opens the doors for me at stores. He is quite the bathroom cleaner (this is honestly one of his favorite activities!). He is deep in the "imagination play" phase; it is such a delight to stand by his bedroom and listen to all of the characters he brings to life! He has quite the eclectic taste in music and movies, but Backyardigans still reigns supreme. I could go on and on, but I'll just stop and say he is a joy!
Comments