Our Week

January is more than half way over!  We've had a couple of gorgeous, spring-like days this week and it has made me so excited for spring.  I even busted out my I-tunes Spring Playlist that I created last year, and the boys and I enjoyed dancing around to lots of songs with the word "sunshine" in them :)  I actually do like January though, because our anniversary and Jackson's birthday helps to keep things fun!

On Wednesday, I made a 4 layer lemon cake.  It was delish, but after I made it I discovered that each piece has 600 calories and 37 grams of fat!  Of course, I had two pieces! :) 

On Thursday, Jackson started his soccer class.  It was pretty hilarious to see a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds play soccer and take orders from a coach.  I know Jackson is going to really enjoy it.  My camera obviously, was having focusing issues, and sadly it broke.  I told Erik he has every right to say "I told you so," because I let the kids play with it all too often.  I think I've learned my lesson . . .


. . . so I got out our dinosaur of a digital camera, and that's what I've been using since Thursday.  It was so funny to see the pictures that were on the card from when we last used it.  Jackson was 10 months old.  The pictures were from the first week we moved into our Rexburg house, and yes it made me want to cry to see our house that I miss so very very much :(



On Saturday, Erik had to prune in the church vineyards all day, and then help move in a family.  I must say, I love that our area is in charge of helping to maintain the acres and acres of vineyards that the Church owns.  All of those grapes turn into raisins and get sent all over the world for humantarian aid.  I love to be apart of that!!  Anyway, since Erik was gone all day, it worked out really well to meet Laurel and my Mom halfway in Chowchilla for a picnic.  The boys were very happy to see them, as was I!!  We ate a delicious picnic and went on a walk.  Chowchilla, however, is not my favorite town in the central valley.  In fact, it was a little depressing; it made me happy to live in Visalia.
 
On the drive home, during Jackson's second potty break, I stopped at Bravo Farms.  It's a really cute restaurant/shop/petting zoo/ cheese tasting spot that I've always wanted to check out.  I bought some hand made chipotle cheddar cheese that was really yummy! 

Comments

Kaitlin said…
seriously...i miss those boys. i know you need to get your utah snow fix!
erin said…
chowchilla?! haha thats funny, and that cake looks delicious AND beautiful!
kathryn said…
Your life looks so fun!! Your cake looks beautiful!! Your boys are cute and sweet! And you live in California!!!!!
Molly said…
loved hearing about your week :) your cake really is beautiful! (and i think that is why i so often don't want to know what's in the sweet things i love, just eat them and enjoy ;) and i think i wouldn't have been able to resist ONLy two pieces of that cake-sounds so yummy!).

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures