One Month Old

Today is Anna's one month birthday!  I know this is pretty cliche, but it truly feels like she's always been with us and it feels like it has sped by.  I'm so thankful that she is in our family.  And that she is a healthy,  happy baby!

She started smiling at me this week!  Actually last week was her first social smile, but this week she's done it several times.  It's so rewarding to get those smiles!!!  (I tired to get a picture, but it's so hard to capture in time!)


Like I said she is a pretty happy baby.  However, she's happy because I hold her so dang much :)  She doesn't like just hanging out on her own to much (pretty normal for anyone right?)  At least she takes naps on her own now though (I won't disclose how I've accomplished this :) ).

And she's definitely getting bigger!  I'm so sad she's already out grown most of her 0-3 month sized clothes.  Some of the dresses she never even got to wear, dang it!  I think it's her torso that is really long, because it's the skirts and dresses that don't cover her bum anymore.

Enjoying some sunshine after her first trip to church today.  Erik took the boys to a ward in D.C. this morning to a friend's baby blessing.  I had already said I would teach YW so Anna and I soloed it for her first time.


She did really well, until she started crying during the third hour of church . . . the hour I teach :)  Oh well, luckily the beehive counselor is super awesome and just took over my lesson so I could nurse Anna.  (I love this picture by the way, because it really shows what goes on around here.  If Jackson is around, he always needs to give Anna a hug and a kiss before going off and doing whatever he's doing.  Wyatt does it too, but not as much as Jackson!)

Comments

Molly said…
She is so cute! Fun to hear all her updates. And that she is smiling too!
Jennie said…
I never know where to comment when I'm catching up on my blog reading. First, love Anne's curly wet hair! She really is a doll and you're such a proactive mom. I'm so impressed with your involvement in all your kiddos lives when you must still be adjusting. Heck I am still adjusting with just one haha! And I hope you are feeling better. Make sure you're still getting the much needed and deserved mommy R & R time, although its hard to get! And thanks for posting more pics. Love keeping up with you guys and seeing her sweet little face!
Kaitlin said…
I have issues- I almost started crying when I saw that picture of Erik holding his little girl. What is wrong with me? It hurts knowing that we don't know when we'll get to meet that beautiful girl!
kathryn said…
Really cute pictures! I love that she is smiling! You are amazing with going to church by yourself! I usually don't go until after a month and then it's usually only sacrament meeting. you really are the woman!
erin said…
i want to know how youve gotten her to sleep on her own!
Stephanie said…
Good Job getting her to nap on her own already! I feel like that took us forever! I like that your boys will give her hugs and kisses before they leave. Very cute!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures