Our New Norm
Well, this was my first week being a stay at home of 3 by myself. I must say how grateful I am that I got a little more than two whole weeks of help. It made my recovery from my c-section so much easier. Not to mention how loved I felt! Overall it was easier than I thought it would be (with some definite ups and downs!). I've discovered that being a Mom of three invovles an insane amount of juggling. I felt like I was just running f rom one kid to the next, helping, feeding, breaking up fights, coming up with new activities. My eating, showering, or getting ready sometimes fell by the wayside (of course all of you moms know exactly what I'm talking about!).
This week, Anna's cord finally fell off and healed so we were able to give her a bath. She loved it!
And the boys loved bathing with her too :)
It was quite the crowded bath!
I just adore this girl.
ahh, nothing like the smell of a freshly bathed baby :)
Check out that curly, wet hair!
I've finally cracked down on the TV this week too, of course the weather wasn't nice to boot (great timing, huh??). We did find some fun stuff to do around the house though. I especially loved reading with them on the top bunk.
Sweet brothers. It wasn't all fun and games however. There were moments when all three of them would be screaming and crying at the same time, and I just felt so helpless. One advantage to Anna being my third though, is I have a bit more perspective than I did with Jackson. I know that this stage is so fleeting and you can just try to enjoy the moment or if that's not possible at least try to laugh!!! I think it will help once we get of the house more too. Every day Jackson asks me where we are going . . . poor guy! I must be a slow learner or something, but it just takes me a few weeks to feel like I've got public nursing down, and before I feel comfortable with a brand new baby being around germs, etc. We did go out to dinner last night at our friends the Cleary's- the boys were very happy to be with other kids (and around new toys). Erik and I loved being able to get out and be with friends as well.
I unsuccessfully tried to get a picture of the three of us!
All three of my kid's hands. Erik thought it was weird that I took this picture, but I think it's sweet to see all of them holding hands :)
I think it's kind of hilarious that Anna's and Wyatt's head look the same size. She kind of looks like some giant baby when Wyatt holds her :)
P.S. Anna finally slept for TWO three hour stretches last night!!! It was the first time in her little life (she usually wakes up every hour or every 90 minutes to nurse), so I am beyond excited. Let's see if it lasts . . .
Comments
did you get the crib set up now?