At Last
So we finally caught and killed Osama Bin Laden yesterday. By "we" of course I mean super brave, awesome Navy Seals :). It really is a cathartic moment for our country. I'm bummed I went to bed before the announcement was made. At around 10:00 pm, Erik and I were watching CNN and someone came on and said the President was going to make an announcement at 10:30. We were curious, but I was dead tired (as only a mother of a newborn can be), so I went to bed :) Anyway, it was crazy to wake up to the news this morning. In some ways it feels funny to be celebrating the death of someone, even if he is a super hated enemy, but justice was served. Especially for the families of the victims of 9-11, it's nice for them to have some closure. Here are some of my favorite tweets about it (Yes, I get tweets from famous people I don't know. Erik makes fun of me, but it's nice to get a chuckle or two during the day) :
TVsAndyDaly
by mradamscott
I've been happy about people dying before but never like this.
Harris Wittels
by mindykaling
Trump's all "let's see his death certificate." know what I'm sayin?
jimmyfallon
Got Bin Laden AND interrupted Celebrity Apprentice? Win for Obama all around.
washingtonpost
Obama: "we are once again reminded that America can do whatever we set our mind to. That is the story of our history."
TVsAndyDaly
by mradamscott
I've been happy about people dying before but never like this.
Harris Wittels
by mindykaling
Trump's all "let's see his death certificate." know what I'm sayin?
jimmyfallon
Got Bin Laden AND interrupted Celebrity Apprentice? Win for Obama all around.
washingtonpost
Obama: "we are once again reminded that America can do whatever we set our mind to. That is the story of our history."

Comments