Happy Mother's Day

I had a nice Mother's Day yesterday. Erik and the boys did such a great job of making me feel loved and appreciated! In YW opening exercises yesterday, one of the leaders gave a little devotional on motherhood and she quoted one of my all time favorite General Conference talks given by Elder Holland. I read it when Jackson was a baby and it gave me so much comfort and hope then, but I think I really needed the reminder this year. Here are some of my favorite quotes:

"with night feedings and night teethings, often the greatest challenge of all for a young mother is simply fatigue. Through these years, mothers go longer on less sleep and give more to others with less personal renewal for themselves than any other group I know at any other time in life. It is not surprising when the shadows under their eyes sometimes vaguely resemble the state of Rhode Island. . . . Do the best you can through these years, but whatever else you do, cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones." 

"Yours is the grand tradition of Eve, the mother of all the human family, the one who understood that she and Adam had to fall in order that “men [and women] might be” and that there would be joy. Yours is the grand tradition of Sarah and Rebekah and Rachel, without whom there could not have been those magnificent patriarchal promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob which bless us all. Yours is the grand tradition of Lois and Eunice and the mothers of the 2,000 stripling warriors. Yours is the grand tradition of Mary, chosen and foreordained from before this world was, to conceive, carry, and bear the Son of God Himself. We thank all of you, including our own mothers, and tell you there is nothing more important in this world than participating so directly in the work and glory of God, in bringing to pass the mortality and earthly life of His daughters and sons, so that immortality and eternal life can come in those celestial realms on high."

Seriously such a great talk! One truth that always comforts me when I feel overwhelmed with the task of mothering is that Heavenly Father loves my children with an even more perfect and complete love than I do. He wants them to succeed in this life and return to Him, so I know that He will help me. Anyway, here's a few more pictures of our day.
Anna looking so cute before church.
After a yummy dinner made by Erik (this is truly a labor of love, because Erik hates cooking more than just about anything!), we went on a nice walk.
Wyatt wanted to take my Mother's Day card along for the ride.  The boys were so excited to give me that card.  It's one of those ones that play music and Wyatt loved rocking out to it :)  They also (well Erik really) gave me some pots that I have been wanting. 

We walked over to the Taylor's house and finished the walk with them.  Jackson and Wyatt would be happy if we could figure out a way to live with them-- they love them so much!

After the boys went to bed, Erik and I started a new episode of Friday Night Lights (is there a better show on TV??  No, there is not.)  I thought he and Anna looked so cute together.

so sweet

Comments

Kelsey said…
i like the last picture of erik and anna. and i definitely agree that erik cooking is a true act of love - i remember him pretending he didn't know how to cook eggs so that i would do it for him, come on!
Molly said…
glad you had a happy mothers day!! you're such a wonderful mommy, lucky kids :)
Kristen said…
Chad and I got hooked on Friday Night Lights too! We'll be glad when the next season hits Netflix since that is the only form of tv we have! Love the pictures, it looks like you had a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures