Conference

The kids are finally in bed, Erik is at the church.  Should I tackle my humongous to do list or procrastinate and blog?  I think the answer is clear :) I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.  I think some people can harness that feeling and propel them to be super productive, however the feeling paralyzes me to certain extent . . . I need to work on that!

Conference weekend was nice, but it definitely wasn't our most successful in terms of getting the kids to pay attention.  It didn't help that the packets I had printed out for them and the bingo cards I had created were packed away nowhere to be found . . . along with the printer.  I found it today, so that was helpful. :)  The fact that Anna didn't nap during the entire conference  (well she did sleep for about 20 minutes during the Sunday morning session) contributed as well (we put Anna in the jumper for the first time during one of the sessions- it didn't blow her socks off)  However, even with all of that, I think it was still a nice weekend.  We were together so much which I always love, and the boys mostly sat down and listend when President Monson spoke :)  Erik and I now are watching one talk a night after the kids go to bed and I'm really enjoying that.  I felt like there was a general theme of love and uplift throughout conference.  It's amazing to me how Heavenly Father really does know our needs and through His leaders here on earth can give us the knowledge we need.  It is also nice to again see things from an eternal perspective.  To realize getting my living room painted or unpacking all of my boxes is not the most important thing!

I took advantage of the "conference sale" at deseret book and ordered a painting for 50% off, yahoo!  I haven't totally decided where I want it or what I want around it.  It was sweet seeing Jackson's reaction when he saw it up, and just the little bit of reverence he took on when he saw that it was a picture of Jesus.

Thank goodness for Anna is all I have to say!  Even feeling overwhelmed, and slightly sick with a cold (me, I hope Anna's not getting sick too) this girl will brighten anyone's day!


Comments

Kaitlin said…
i still can't believe you have a GIRL. and major kudos for trying to watch conference! i didn't even attempt on saturday and on sundayi tried but it didnt go so well. i did dvr it and i'm excited to get my ensign to read all the talks.
Molly said…
i totally get the feeling overwhelmed thing paralyzes you...i so have the same problem...bummer about your printer for conference! moving is so crazy...love that you felt that perspective of what's important, it is so hard to not worry/stress about those "minor" things!! (at least for me)..anna looks so much like jackson in the first pic under the table to me..and lots like baby jenny in the 2nd one! ok i miss you..and it is a little concerning the giddy feeling i felt when i saw your blog was updated! haha..i'm so glad you chose procrastination over the unpacking ;)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures