Grammy and Poppy's Visit: Part 3 :)

Erik's sister, Erin, had a cute Father's Day text message idea for their Dad.  Each family sent in a picture of them holding up a sign that all together would read, "We Love You Dad and Poppy."  We were in charge of the 'love'.  Before church on Sunday, I took these shots of the kids . . . gosh I love them!






After church, the kids were finally given the go-ahead to give Erik his presents.  M&Ms and this fire pit.  After our yummy salmon dinner, we decided to make some peach cobbler over the fire pit along with some homemade vanilla ice cream.

The weather was super great and we took advantage of it by hanging out in the back.  There isn't anything better than visiting with family on a Sunday afternoon!


Grammy surprised the boys with some army men!  They loved them, and have built some pretty cool forts for their guys :)





Anna loving the little plastic slide


Checking the final product.  So the cobbler was pretty good, but I don't we used enough coals. It didn't cook quite enough.  It was a good first try though, and still tasted yummy on top of the ice cream!


Monday morning, Janet and I were going to run again, but we woke up to lots of rain! :(  So much rain in fact that the first day of swim lessons got canceled.  After getting ready for the day, we went to one of our favorites around here, Marker Miller Farm.

Janet very generously let me pick out one of the beautiful baskets.  I'm already excited to upgrade my Beehive lesson grocery bag I currently use for Sunday :)


And of course the kids had a good time!


Group shot!
We then got our lunch at McDonald's and stopped by Gander Mountain (an outdoor supply store).   When we pulled up to the store, Jackson in a disappointed voice said, "Oh this is Gander Mountain?? I thought we were going to a real mountain!"  What a let down :)


As you can see from the pictures, we still managed to have some fun inside the store haha


I get the feeling that someday, Erik is going to want our Christmas card picture to look something like this! We sure love our camo!







Anna loves to ride inside the car carts now.  It seems weird that she's old enough to safely do so!





She's lucky to be counted among "Poppy's Girls" :)

Comments

Kaitlin said…
awww....i love all of "poppy's girls"! and we have that same plastic slide that anna is on and my kids LOVE it...especially when it goes into the kiddie pool.
Molly said…
love the pictures of your kids for "love"..fire pit looks so cool, nice gift idea!, love the basket, love the rocking chairs :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures