Schools Out For Summer!
Jackson's last day of kindergarten was yesterday. I'm so happy to see him growing up and learning new things, but thinking about him going to school all day next year is super sad. He did have a really great experience this year. He's made some great friends and had wonderful teachers. What more could I want?
On Tuesday, his class had a special movie day to watch Charlotte's Web. Mr. Comstock read the book to the class the past couple of months and Jackson really loved the book. It made me realize that I could read chapter books to them (I had tried a couple of years ago, but Jackson's attention span wasn't all that great). We started the Mouse and the Motorcyle by Beverly Cleary and both boys love it. But anyway, Jackson was excited to wear his pajamas and bring a pillow to school.
Wyatt thought that was pretty cool too, so while Jackson was at school we watched Enchanted and ate popcorn. Originally we were going to be in our pajamas too, but somehow it didn't happen (they may or may not have been my wish).
Ready to go for his last day!
This was the teacher gift Jackson gave Mr. Comstock and Mrs. Harper. Wish I could say I thought of it myself, but alas, I did not. Andrea gave me the link to a website with some teacher gift ideas. So . .. what did Moms do before the Internet?? We also gave a plate of the cookies to his super nice bus driver, Miss Pam.
After school, we used up the last of our punch passes at Kidz Play. I probably should have paid for Anna this time, because she went on everything that the bigger kids did. Even though the rules are 1 & up need to pay, the worker said she doesn't charge until they are well over a year . . .works for me!
As you can see I had a tough time getting a clear shot of Wyatt, he was moving too fast. As for Jackson, I didn't even try :)
And to officially celebrate the start of summer vacation, we had a little picnic party this afternoon. I sent out the invite to the play group friends and to a few school friends. We had 25 kids and 10 adults total- it was awesome!
How adorable are Piper and Anna? Amanda is becoming quite the sewer and after making this cute skirt for Piper she made one for Anna out of the leftover material- so sweet!! We couldn't quite get the girls to cooperate for a photo-- don't they realize what a good photo opp this was?? :)
We enjoyed some pretty perfect picnic weather too. I wouldn't like if it stayed this cool all summer (too cold for the pool), but this 75 degrees stuff is not too bad :)
Comments