Middle of June

We have been fortunate this past week to get a visit from Grammy and Poppy!  They flew in last Sunday morning from a red eye.  It didn't take long for the kids to start rough housing with Poppy :)  I really feel so blessed that our parents are willing to make the trip out here to see us.  I love seeing the kids strengthen their relationships with them and benefit from this time spent with those that love them :)



We were able to hang out Sunday and then Monday, they drove down to North Carolina for a while to go to Janet's niece's wedding. 
I sent this picture to Erik on Tuesday, because literally every second of that morning for several hours one of the three was crying.  It was One Of Those Days.


Pretty Anna girl asking me to go in the backyard.  She always wants to be outside.


One day last week, I finally got my act together and walked the kids down to the pool.  Once we got there, we found it be closed!  It was during normal hours and should not have been.  I was not happy about this, but luckily the kids were OK with just doing some backyard baby pool time.

. . . and sometimes it's just feels best to be with one with the baby pool :)

On Wednesday I went down to the temple.  I was so happy to be able to go down, but not happy with how long it took: over three hours for a 1 1/2 hour trip!  I think I'm going to avoid driving to the temple during the 5 o'clock rush hour.

We had false start #2 for the week, when on Thursday evening, I finally made the trek to the library to sign up for summer reading to find it closed!  This time it totally my fault though, as I forgot that the library closes right after lunch on Thursdays b/c of funding shortages.  Jackson was in tears, but we did make it after playgroup on Friday.



Anna entertained me while the boys picked out their books, by playing upside down peek-a-boo :)
 
Friday evening, after the Nyholms returned, we went out for some yummy pizza .
I don't think anyone will know what I'm talking about except maybe my siblings, but I think Jackson looks exactly like Trudy from Meet Me In St. Louis :)
And Saturday morning, my awesome mother-in-law went on a five mile run with me.  This is about the longest I've ran since having Anna.  It was a challenging run for us- lots of hills, but we loved it! :)

 . . . and that was about it for last week!

Comments

kathryn said…
Cute pictures! I totally laughed at the Trudy comment. The kids were confused why I was laughing and at the explanation I gave.

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures