Sky Meadow State Park
On Sunday afternoon we took a drive out to Sky Meadow State Park. Erik often drives by it for work, so he wanted to check it out. And of course, anytime we are going somewhere and I happen to have a camera with me . .. I take a lot of pictures :)
This place was so pretty! We couldn't have asked for a more pleasant day too. Temperatures in the 70s with the sun shinning!
The park was donated in the 1960s by a family that owned the property going back to the 1700s. The house and surrounding buildings were typical of those belonging to a middle class family in the mid 1800s. It was really interesting to see and cool that they are at a park for anyone to visit.
Some people happened to have some animals there at the park for some reason. My kids were loving it. Anna loved copying the sheep's bleating.
my little ball of sunshine
The kids were picking handfuls of grass and hand feeding the donkey. Wyatt was too nervous to do it, but then mustered up the courage and did it as well. I was very proud (as was he!).
Dog pile on Jackson!
Such a great Dad!
Just breathtaking.
Anna kept trying to walk up this little hill, but kept rolling down. It was pretty funny to watch, and she didn't seem to mind.
Erik took lots of Jackson/Maverick shots
Wyatt found the perfect stick to play cowboy with. He took them home and is still playing with them!
Kisses from Anna girl.
We had a great Sunday together. I'm glad Erik thought of it- we'll definitely be back again. It's only about 15 miles away and I got some information for some activities that they are sponsoring throughout the summer. Gotta love free nature activities :)
Comments