18 Months

Anna girl is 18 months old?? Really?? It seems like I'm losing my baby a little bit. sigh.

She had her well check on Wednesday, and let me tell you that did not go over too well!  As soon as the nurse walked in the door and looked at her, Anna was bawling.  So sad!  She only got two shots, one of them being flu, so at least she won't be getting more for awhile.  Dr. Duck did seem a little concerned by how few words Anna is saying right now.  I actually feel like she talks more than the boys did, so I'm not too worried.  Her weight is 23 lbs 9 oz  and height is 33 1/2 inches (90th percentile) Still tall!
Some of her words (that are understandable) are:
Momma (constantly said at a loud volume!)
Yeah
No
again (said 'din')
mine
Out! (said to Maverick when he comes in the house)

and signs for:
all done
dog
more
food
nurse
I feel like I never really am stumped by what she is trying to communicate though.  I guess I just need to coax actual words out of her more :)

She has discovered TV- scary!  Her favorite show by far is Yo Gabba Gabba.  As soon as she sees DJ Lance Rock walk onto the screen she is bouncing and panting and soooo excited!  The problem is she knows she can watch that show on my phone, my computer, and the TV.  That is just way too many options.  Most of the day, I try to hid my phone and computer from her, unless I'm planning on letting her watch it.

This girl loves her brothers!  She loves to play whatever they are playing.  She loves to make them laugh.  She will pretend to "shoot" things with sound effects and everything (scary!).  She loves the theme song to Power Rangers (because the boys do).  I bought the song on itunes for Jackson's birthday party, so the boys will often put it on and when they do, she joins them as they run around the house like crazy people.  She still loves to dance to any upbeat song really.  She loves kicking and throwing balls, she loves hot wheels, she loves the imgainext toys (she needs a sister!)
She also loves to push her brother's buttons.  If they have a toy, she will insist on having it.  If I am reading one of them a book, she will knock it out of our hands and give me one of her books.  I guess we need to work on taking turns :)
She loves to sing songs with me.  Sunbeam, There Was a Little House, 5 Little Monkeys, Book of Mormon Stories, Fru Fru the Bunny Rabbit are among her faves.  Today I taught her I'm a Little Teacup and she was loving that one!  If I start a tickling game with her (like "the bumble bee came out of the hive and went . . . " or "this little piggy")I'd better be prepared to do it for awhile.  She will say "a-din a-din" over and over and over.


Anna loves to swing and she loves to slide. I was actually really surprised the first time I saw her slide down on her own.  She likes to climb up structures that are not 18 month old appropriate.  She also loves the trampoline and especially loves it when I hold her and jump.

Anna loooooves treats (so strange for a little kid right?).  Anything with sugar will do, however, she isn't into cakes or cinnamon rolls.  Even cookies she is not crazy about- she's not a big baked goods fan.
As far as healthy food goes, she loves string cheese, anything Italian, oatmeal with raisins, rice, corn, peas, bananas, grapes, apples (sometimes) and edamame.  At her Dr. appointment, Dr. Duck was going over safety issues and she said, "You definitely don't give her soy beans to eat right?"  Oops, I guess she can choke with those . . . 

Her hair is starting to become more than I can handle.  It's getting pretty long and is still mostly curly.  Her "bangs" however are starting to straighten up and are getting out of control.  This girl does not like to keep bows or elastics in her hair either, dang it.

Her sleep is still pretty good.  Most nights she goes down around 8:00 or 8:30 and will stay asleep until 6:30 or so. I am however still nursing her to sleep (I am such a weak Mom!).  She takes one morning nap and that's it 'till bedtime.

Anna seems to be a pretty social girl, and loves to "play" with Wyatt and Jackson's friends.  She does pretty good for babysitters (or so I've been told), and basically she is my very favorite little girl in the entire world.  I could not be any luckier to have Anna Marie as my daughter!

Comments

Molly said…
love this post of your darling anna! love her dressed up in that tutu, hahah soooo cute! and her yo gabba gabba, i've never even seen that show, maybe carter would like it :)
ok so i'm guessing the nursing to bed ended because you said you were able to leave a babysitter, how did that go? did she forget about it? she is so stinking cute!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures