This Weekend
My post titles are just getting more and more original aren't they? :)
Friday was my turn for our preschool group. We learned all about the letter b and the color yellow :)
Eating our snack of Banana Bread and Blueberry Bread (and apples and yogurt)
Playtime! The kids did really great. From past experience, I know that as the year wears on and children get more comfortable with everyone, they can get a little more out of control. But for now, they're great! :)
Friday evening, I did my long run. I'm so happy my toe is doing better and I can run. The course I did was kind of fun too, because I just ran into town as a straight shot for the most part, then got picked up by Erik who was out with the kids (taking the kids to McDonalds to be honest, haha). It's so much more interesting to run a route that doesn't involve turning around and repeating what you just ran.
I was talking to one of the Moms at school pick up last, and she was telling me that she ran the same half marathon that I'm doing. She said how hard that course is, lots of hills! This piece of information has made me a little nervous, and more committed to my training so I can just get through the thing!
Saturday morning was unbelievabley busy. Erik was asked to baptize a man on Saturday morning. I had to go fill a crazy big cannery order I had put in months ago. And Jackson had football practice. All at the same time! We got a babysitter to take Jackson and the kids to football practice, so it all worked out. I just hate it when I get a babysitter and I'm not even going on a date :)
Saturday afternoon, we had Austin over so the boys were completely occupied playing . . .
. . . which was great because we discovered that the freezer in the garage had been turned off days ago and was half defrosted!
I cooked up eight pounds of antelope taco meat and packaged them into freezer bags. Tomorrow I'm going to do 2 lbs. of hamburger meat, 2 lbs. chicken thighs, and 1 lb. of flounder. For dinner on Saturday, we had the Staker family over to help us eat a casserole that had defrosted. It was frustrating to have so much defrost, but at least nothing had to be thrown away!
Church today was pretty monumental for our little family. Wyatt actually went to Sunbeam class without us and Anna went to her very first nursery class! She really doesn't turn 18 months until tomorrow, but her nursery teachers said they didn't mind :)
She did awesome too! Actually being able to sit in Sunday School with Erik was wonderful.
This evening, we went over to the Cleary's for some smores, which was fun and delicious. I think fall is really starting to settle in, and it just felt so nice to be around a fire in the crisp cool air. I was pretty excited about my Scharffen Berger chocolate and homemade marshmallows too :)
Wyatt, Jackson, and I walking home.
And now Erik and I are watching a bit more of Ken Burn's Civil War. I think I'm ready to start my last week as a 20 something :)

Comments