Owie!
Lovely opening up my blog to see a picture of my block of a foot, right? :) On Saturday, I was trying to dry off some water that spilled in the fridge and my foot slipped on the wet tile and slammed into the fridge. Immediately, I felt pain like I never had before (way more painful than when I broke my arm and more painful than C-section recovery- kind of cheating I guess since I've never been in full on labor though). Anyway, my big toenail had split across the bottom and the skin underneath is all mangled and torn up. It is feeling better today, but I cannot put any pressure on it. No running or even walking normally, because the big toe is your "push off" toe. The most disappointed part is the kink it's going to put in my half marathon training for the Antietam Battlefield race I'm doing in October. I know it could be worse, but it still stinks!
One silver lining though, is I can blog during my normal workout time :)
Comments