Visit From Grammy and Poppy

Last weekend we were treated to a visit from Erik's parents.  They were taking a trip back east to celebrate Janet's mother's 90th birthday.  We were lucky enough to get them on each end of their trip.
Now this is the problem with procrastinating blogging like I have been- I can't remember really what we did!  However, once I see pictures I remember, so basically anything we did that didn't get photographed is not here (I need to get stay better on top of the blog!).
On Friday evening, Erik really wanted 5 Guys for dinner.  I must admit, it was pretty delicious!
Saturday morning, I do remember that Janet went on my long run with me.  I had never ventured out of the neighborhood, because the roads are pretty narrow and I've been afraid of the cars.  Since I had a running buddy, I decided to put both of our lives in peril and explore.  It was pretty hot and humid, but it was fun running in a new area.  I just went out straight 8 miles and then had Erik pick us up.  Janet did lose her sports watch somewhere along the way and that was real bummer.

Poppy was pretty excited to share his newest find, frozen Hostess cupcakes.  We were all pretty excited to try them :)

Jackson thought he was being pretty funny and asked if I was confused by where his face went.
Saturday afternoon, I started scrambling for a babysitter so that we could go out to dinner without kids.  I finally found one, yeah!

Erik's parents treated us to some Red Lobster.  I got the crab legs- delicious!

Fun date!


Our Sunday dessert was a fun activity for the kids.  Thank you pinterest for the idea! :)

Horrible picture, but if you look really closely you can see Erik's parents taking the kids for a walk yesterday evening.  They came back from their week in PA and NY yesterday evening.  Saturday we had a great storm that finally lifted the heat and humidity that had been hanging around for weeks and we enjoyed some beautiful, clear weather- hooray!!!

Janet took these cute pictures of the boys practicing their football skills :)

Robert and Janet left early this morning for their flight back to California. I'm sure they will be happy to be back in their own house, but it sure was fun seeing them!

Comments

Molly said…
So nice that you get to see Erik's family often even though they live so far! Nice that they are able to visit...I think it's fun you guys always go on a date night with them without kids too :)
kathryn said…
Fun that you could see Erik's parents. I've wanted to make those owl cupcakes too.

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures