Keep On Keepin' On
On Monday, Wyatt, Anna, and I drove to the Dulles mall to return a bunch of those colored skinnies I bought (finally decided on the red and the orange (: ). Anna would not let go of her free Nordstrom balloon.
I love how the kids don't really even know that people actually put change in these things.
So I've been trying to get as much wear out of my Obama shirt before election day, so I wore it on Tuesday to play group. I got some good natured ribbing from my Romney loving friends (which I'm totally fine with- otherwise I wouldn't wear the shirt!). Anyway, the next morning at school drop off, my friend Melinda apologized in the event that she had offended (she definitely did not) another friend overheard and she asked me, "You guys are all Mormon right? That's pretty brave to wear an Obama shirt to playgroup!" I definitely would not call it brave- most would probably call it annoying haha
Anna insists on stopping at the school playground after dropping Jackson off and when we come and pick him up. It's getting old. This picture was taken moments before she proudly ran to a big mud puddle and just stood in the middle, grinning.
After making a quick Target stop, I decided to surprise the kids with a Monkey Joe's stop :) They were pretty happy, because that certainly doesn't happen very often (or ever).
Anna loved pointing to all of the animals and waiting for me to make the noises.
This picture doesn't look that appetizing, but yesterday I made the cheapest dinner I think I have ever made. It was chili that consisted entirely of tomatoes and green peppers from the garden, dried beans from the church cannery, elk meat that Erik hunted, and spices from my pantry. The one thing that was purchased especially for the dinner was 1 onion :)
Yes, Anna we realize you like TV right now. We need to figure out how to get you to stop obsessing over it!
Today for play group we met at Wilson's Animal Park again (a group of us went this past summer). It was nice to be there while the air felt a bit more comfortable!
mouth stuffed with apples :)
This donkey was really "talking" and Wyatt was happy to speak his language right back!
The smallest maze ever. Perfect for a bunch of preschoolers!
MVI 0530 from Jenny Nyholm on Vimeo.
Behold, the future of break dancing. Oh and before you ask, yes this video is too long and probably the target audience consists of the parents and maybe the grandparents of Jackson and Wyatt :)
Comments