Squeezing in a Birthday
I got a great kick off to my birthday weekend with our first temple trip together since Wyatt was little. I was a little nervous to leave Anna for such a long time, but we got a great babysitter so I knew the kids were in good hands.
Before we left, my friend Amanda stopped by and gave me the sweetest birthday present. These delicious homemade granola bars (that came in handy on the drive to the temple) . . . .
. . . and these adorable aprons. Even a matching one for Anna. How she just "whipped these things up" 3 weeks after having her second child I'll never know, but hey I'll take it! :)
Going to the temple was great. Definitely one of the greatest blessings of my life is living close enough to a temple that I can benefit from worshipping and serving there.
One of the things I was most excited about, was getting back to Cafe Rio. I love that there is one close to the temple. Since the chain is based in Utah, and it's close to a temple, it's always so funny to see people that are obviously other Mormons coming from the temple. Or guys in BYU caps, etc.
Our Saturday morning started off pretty early with Erik going to the stake center to set up chairs. He then met us at Jackson's first football game! Jackson was pretty excited- he really has enjoyed football so far.
He did a great job. Afterwards I was talking with the assistant coach, and he apologized for not letting Jackson have the ball more. I said it wasn't a big deal, but the coach kept saying that he felt so bad because Jackson was obviously really upset. I was confused and then I realized he just didn't know Jackson's shy personality. Jackson keeps his emotions way way under his cuff (like where are those emotions anyway?), so sometimes people take that as him not being happy. When I asked Jackson how he liked playing in the game he said, "Oh yeah, I loved it!" Hopefully his teachers and coaches will get to know the inner Jackson before long!
We had a bit of time in between the game and before Erik had to go to his Priesthood meeting for Stake Conference. I wanted to get a little run in, so Erik and I took Anna (the boys were playing with a neighbor). That is seriously a birthday treat. I love that Erik is running a little bit right now. As another birthday treat, I decided what we would do for lunch: Panera! That is one of my favorite places to eat, but never a place that Erik wants to go.
Erik surprised me with these birthday flowers. Beautiful!
That evening we had a babysitter come over again, so I could go meet Erik at the adult session of Stake Conference. I have to admit that is not my ideal "birthday date" but it was really nice. It's amazing how much I can learn from church when I don't have little ones to keep happy!!
Today after stake conference we enjoyed a gorgeous fall day with a little walk. During our run, we picked up a "new" bike for Jackson at a garage sale, so Jackson was pretty antsy to try it out.
Trying to get a picture with Anna at the school playground.
Having fun on the see-saw.
Unfortunately, Jackson had a little accident on the new bike (he fell and scraped up his tummy) and had to get a ride back home from Erik. Sometimes, I seriously wonder what our neighbors think of us!
And of course we had to do cake (and presents). Didn't Erik do such a great job of decorating this cake? haha, anyone that knows Erik knows he did not make a cake, but in fact bought at the grocery store. Hey, it was still delicious and very lovely.
I'm pretty excited about the apple TV Erik got me. I think it will be an easy way to get rid of cable again.
Happy Birthday to me! :)
As a random side note, look at the bunny that our neighbor found in our garden! That's probably why half of my tomatoes have bite marks in them! Grrr
Comments