Christmas Sunday and Caroling
The Sunday before Christmas is one of my very favorite days of the year! Christmas hymns are so much fun to sing and the Sacrament meeting program is guarenteed to be heavy on the music, light on the boring talks (I know I know, there is no such thing as a boring chruch talk if you have the right attitude). I also must admit that getting into our Christmas finest is one of the great pleasures of Christmas Sunday as well. This year, I remembered that in the back of Anna's closet was a hand-me-down dress given to us by my friend Hannah Smith who was given it by our friend Julie Walton (haha a hand-me-down three times removed, that's pretty awesome!). With her gold dress set, I decided to try and find a little bit of gold for each of us. Belk had the perfect gold ties for the boys, and Kohl's had a gold sweater for me . . . luckily Erik had a gold and blue striped tie already (though to be honest since we really never are around him during church it doesn't matter as much haha)
And if we are matching, you better believe I'm going to take everyone's picture ;)
Trying to fit us all into frame . . . not too successfully either
Jackson and Wyatt wanted to each have a turn at being Photographer . . . Anna tried too, but hers was just a black screen when we checked the shot later :)
Love my crew!
On Monday night we had our traditional Christmas Caroling and Treat Drop Off. We did things a little different this year and just had a few families that live directly near us over and each of them picked a couple of neighbor or friends to drop off a plate to. It was so much! Erik set up benches on the flat bed trailer, so we all fit. The weather wasn't terribly freezing, though after an hour riding in the wind I was pretty cold!
Haha Wyatt and Jackson look so miserable here. I promise it was just the flash! Jackson was adamant about singing "Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel" He had me print off the lyrics. We sang a lot! My voice was totally hoarse by the end.
Definitely one of my very favorite Christmas traditions. I'm already excited for next year!
Comments