Random December Post


December 1st was Night of the Elves!  The kids put their shoes out in hopes that one of Santa's elves would come and approve of our Christmas decorating.  We also told them that if our house was messy the elf wouldn't be able to see the decorations very well.  So Jackson never let a toy touch the ground all day (no matter who was playing with it), it was awesome. :)  The elf admittedly, went a little over board this year, but I think he was just really excited to capitalize on Anna's excitement over the movie Frozen.  All of the kids were very happy with their treasures!
Look at how adorable both of these Annas are!!

And Anna and Olaf fits in so nicely with our Disney baby collection.  Can I tell that I have a hard time resisting these adorable princesses?  Seriously, they are the cutest baby dolls.

I was hesitant to go back to a movie theater, because I felt like we had been spending a lot of time in them lately, but we wanted to fit in the Alamo's Polar Express night and Monday night was our only showing we could do.  It was so much fun!  Each ticket was just $3 and for that the kids got goodie bags filled with sticker books, coloring book and crayons, Christmas stickers, and of course, a bell!  A "conductor" came around and punched each special ticket and we ordered sugar cookies and hot chocolate.  

There was a cute train set to look at the theater as well.

On Wednesday I went to a really fun activity planned by our personal progress leader.  She based the activity off of the cute mormon message for kids called "The Coat."  A few weeks ago some girls made fliers and then the girls passed them to a few of the neighborhoods in the ward.  On Wednesday, we went around to those neighborhoods and collected any coats or other winter wear that they had.  It was a huge success!  This was a picture of just a portion of what ended up coming in.  Today they were dropped off to a couple different charities.  It was so nice to be a part of such a wonderful Christmas activity!
And speaking of Christmas activities, I have been busy wrapping presents and addressing Christmas cards.  Hopefully I will get it all done and then I can enjoy the rest of the season (while starting to stress about my super-crazy-January ha!)

I thought it was so weird that this little bush just sprouted several weeks ago and then started blooming a couple of weeks ago. I guess its some kind of late fall plant?  Fun to see flowers when you don't expect it!

Of course weather is the most boring subject that I am very, very interested in!  With small kids, it really changes what happens in your day!  I was very happy to enjoy mild enough weather for short sleeves and outdoor play!  It didn't last long though, tomorrow a storm in coming in and with it very, very cold temperatures!

I haven't done this in awhile, but when I made some returns to Target the other day I couldn't resist.  We looked at the Frozen liner notes while enjoying our delicious, ridiculous, overpriced drinks :)

Comments

Molly said…
polar express sounds so cute at the theaters! and i know i was going to say something else too about this post but now i can't remember! glad i'm finally catching up :)

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures