Gingerbread Houses; Warm Temps


 Jackson was very excited that I finally found a suit that wasn't more than we wanted to spend.  He tried it on the moment I came home and for a couple of days after, he and Wyatt would dress up as "movie stars" :)  Finally, Erik made the rule of only wearing it to church (I guess it's good he thinks about these things!)


 
I finally decided I couldn't take Anna's jeans that I bought this fall any longer.  Seriously why do they make toddler jeans so dang low! Her bum is falling out all day long.  Anyone know of a good pair to get to replace these ones?

Sometimes, Anna just cracks me up and this time I had my phone in my pocket and could snap her picture :)


We bought a superhero Christmas tree ornament to represent our year (that's always a fun tradition I look forward to).  There is a spot for a picture so I suggested that the kids get in a superhero costume for the ornament picture.  It took a little convincing for Jackson!  He has definitely grown out of that stage which was a little sad.  It was funny seeing how into the whole thing though once he was in costume.  For the next two days he played superhero with Wyatt a lot, but I have a feeling it will be one of the last times.

On Friday, the last day of school, Jackson had his gingerbread house "party." Luckily, it was in the midst of some really unseasonably warm weather and the kids had a lot of fun playing outside while they waited for the rest of the kids to join them (and they also played quite a bit when they were done making their houses).




Busy putting together their masterpieces. :)

I took a pic of everyone with their final product.  Here's Connor's!

And Anna's (with the help of Mom)


hard at work (oh I should mention that at school it was pajama day, so that is why Jackson isn't dressed in clothes.)


I was having issues getting the kids to look at me and smile for the pictures as you could see.

Reece's finished house.

Sarah's house (I never got a picture of Hannah, Sarah's twin who was in Jackson's class last year.  This was the first time they had come over to the house and I had such a good time visiting with their Mom who stayed the whole time.  They seem like such a great family!).

Austin with his yummy looking house.


How many kids can fit on the trampoline before the Moms get too nervous? ;)


That evening Anna was drawing and told me that it was a happy face balloon :)


On Saturday, Jackson came downstairs all decked out in his "hunting clothes."

Another warm day that was too good to pass up.  While Erik ran a couple of errands, we all went on a walk to Greenwood Mill playground.





So weird to see these pictures just a week later, because it is freezing here now!

Comments

Molly said…
well you are one nice mama to do that not just once but twice with all those kids!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures