Ward Christmas Party

Friday was our ward Christmas party.  It turned out so nice!  I was actually dreading it all week, because a certain somebody was asked to help Santa out and be "Hawaiian Santa" for the party.  However, after I may or may not have voiced my worry in someone with young kids being Santa,  a new helper was found and I was so excited to know that we could all be together for the party.
This tired girl fell asleep on the drive over to the Stake Center!  She was out for a good 40 minutes!

We invited Sydney to come with us and I think she had a lot of fun!  And this Hawaiian Santa was so awesome!! He was hilarious and so good with the kids.


Jackson asking Santa for a bow and arrow set.


There was an awesome Christmas crafts table set up that the kids loved.  There were a lot to choose from, my kids each made 3 or 4 :)


Well the moment she woke up, we took Anna over to see Santa (I was afraid he was closing shop) which was not the smartest thing to do.  After just staring blankly at him for several moments she burst out in a really sad cry.  She was consoled as you can see with the treat bag given to those that visited Santa :)  She has since told me that she wants a lego set (but she was looking at the legos in the moment she said that, so I still don't know what she really, truly wants).

Wyatt didn't even attempt to talk to Hawaiian Santa, but today he wrote a letter to Santa asking for superhero legos and a candy cane :)

There were several times that random audience members were called up to the stage to sing holiday songs.  It didn't matter who was called to the kids, they went up all three times :)  It was fun seeing Wyatt become more and more brave and finally on his third trip up he was truly hamming it up- silly dancing in center stage and all!  The moment he ran down to me again, he asked me if people thought he was funny.  I think we have a true people-pleaser-comedian on our hands!
Party Fun

There was face painting as well.  For whatever reason, Jackson was given a brown beard,  Anna opted out, and Sydney painted this Santa face on Wyatt.  They were all very impressed.

Comments

Molly said…
looks like a pretty fun ward christmas party! and still cannot believe i'm this behind on your happy blog, makes me kinda sad!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures