Wyatt's Christmas Program



On December 13th was Wyatt's Christmas program.  It was a lot of fun to see Wyatt singing the songs he had learned over the past couple of weeks.

I love the Baptist chapel that we went to.  Wyatt's preschool is run by the Baptist church, so he goes there for a little bit to get a "sermon" by the preacher.  They really just focus on bible stories and being a good person.

There's my little cutie: second row down, second from the right.  Funny story about his clothes.  The teachers were encouraging the kids to wear Christmas colors or nice holiday clothes.  Wyatt had decided on his own that he would wear his new "suit" that we got at Target along with his new gold tie.  He even tried it on the day before, and seemed pretty excited about wearing it to school!  Well, the next day, he decided he didn't want to anymore and came down for breakfast dressed in jeans with holes in them and an old Iron Man T-shirt!  I finally talked him into wearing jeans without holes, and his button up colored shirt, but a dapper suit he did not want!  I need to learn my lesson and not get my hopes up about these things haha

After the program, I took my last pre-Christmas Target trip and Anna was cracking me up.  I guess she's ready for some fancy clothes! :)



And this is a totally long story that no one will care about, but I like to put in embarrassing stories sometimes ;)  So after Wyatt's program there was some confusion as when to pick up the kids.  When I dropped Wyatt off that morning, his assistant teacher who unbuckled Wyatt told me that the parents will all probably just take their kids after the program was over, so that was my plan.  However, later at the program I talked to a fellow parent who said she talked with the director of the preschool and the director said that the Monday, Wednesday, Friday kids (what Wyatt is) will stay after the program and be picked up at normal time.  At the end of the program the preschool director announced how the Tuesday/Thursday parents can pick up their children immediately after the program and she never mentioned anything about M/W/F parents-- further cementing in my mind that I should leave Wyatt there and pick him up at normal.  Well, when I went to pick him up I found he was only one of two kids that were left and every other parent (including the friend who told me about her conversation with the preschool director) had picked up their kids immediately after the program!  I felt so bad, and kind of bugged that she didn't send a quick text about it . . . Um so yeah that was a long, boring story but now it's over :)

Friday evening, we were helping out our friend Ruthie and had Xeo stay the night with us.  ProBuild lumber yard was having their Christmas party and they invited us to join them.  We aren't ones to turn down a free dinner, so we went! :)

We had a lot of fun and the kids loved the little Christmas goodie bags they got.  Oh and Erik won a $50 Walmart gift card, so it was quite a profitable free dinner!

The next day we ran a couple of errands together and had a 5 Guys lunch.



The boys were ogling over the bow and arrows and Gander Mountain. :)

Comments

Molly said…
cute preschool concert
anna looks adorable in her dress ups at target

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures