Conference Weekend
We had another great weekend of General Conference. I love the strengthened testimony, and desire to try harder I get. I thought it was funny after one of the sessions though, when the kids had just had enough of sitting quiet and they needed a little wrestling action before the song and prayer had finished :)
Conference Weekend equals Conference Food. The past few conferences, I've tried to keep things a little lighter with healthy meals during each sessions. I still enjoyed my chocolate chip pumpkin bread though! Oh and lots of bribery candy!
Sunday morning was all about the Conference Craft. Anna had a tiara to work on and the boys both had a little toy boat model to put together.
In between Sunday morning and afternoon sessions, we had the Johnson Family over for dinner. It was great catching up. I will say it was a little harder for the kids to pay attention while they had friends with them, but it was sure a fun distraction! We love the Johnsons so much and now we are sad that we won't get to see them as often!
After evening session, we hung out in the backyard and someone discovered all of the cherry tomatoes I had left on the vine (my late summer/fall garden was a casualty of seminary) and started to have a war with them. It didn't take too long before Erik wanted to join in :)
Some of notes from Conference. Wyatt is allowed to draw a picture for his notes, but I think next time he may have to do more to get his candy. Many of his "notes" look suspiciously similar ;)
I really enjoy checking in to twitter during conference. It's neat to see the talks that resonate with different people. I also really liked these meme I saw because that is the point of Conference, changing and becoming more like our Savior.
Comments