Silly Selfies Keeping Me Sane

So pretty much in November all of our moving craziness was definitely catching up to us.  Stress was just a normal part of our days, but laughing and being silly with my kids kept me sane I know.  Around these time, Anna discovered a Toca Boca game where you add a selfie and then style yourself.  It kept us laughing.






Checking out the giant plushes at Costco.




 







Seriously this is what we did at least once a day!


I guess I only had videos of this one, but I remember one evening cracking up that the kids were acting out Jimmy Fallon's "Ew skits." 


 

 

We went laser tagging with the Lawson family.  Sam Lawson was Jackson's best friends in Winchester and I just adore that family!  Stefan is from England and his job takes them all over the world (they have lived in South Africa, Portugal, England, and Texas :), so Jackson's love of geography really gets kindled when he and Sam hang out!  We are going to miss them!

One morning before working out, I took notice of my Obama 2012 shirt.  He is so unpopular right now it seems that I feel like wearing that shirt is verging on the ironic.  (I still support him by the way).

We took our last trip to the beautiful, historic Handley library in Winchester so I decided to snap a few pics while we were there. 
 



The Taylor family came to visit us from York, PA!  It was so fun seeing them!  They came over for pizza and dessert (they brought Amish shoefly pie!) and the Tingeys and Tanya Groll came over as well.  It was such a great visit.  In the morning, Erik took the kids to swim at the hotel they were staying at while Andrea and I met Lisa Cleary, Julie Walton, and Amanda for lunch.  It was so much fun!

 

 

In the afternoon we took the kids to Monkey Joe's until the Taylors had to make their drive back to York.  They have been such great friends-- we really consider them family so it was great to see them before we leave VA.

 


 

 

 

We had a fun play group field trip at Milbrook Fire Station.



 

 

Lisa Cleary sent me this pic from the first play group field trip we took there!  Crazy to see Anna bundled up in the Moby!!

Trying to get some selfie shots for the Nyholm Family Yearbook.



 

I taught preschool for a couple of weeks in November.  One of them had an Olympic theme and it was a lot of fun.


 


I think I had to mark the occasion of actually wearing makeup and Anna was in my favorite outfit of the moment. . . plenty of good reasons for a selfie!

Erik took her to dance that day (I was watching some other kids for a friend and couldn't do it) and she obviously got tuckered out!

And the night before I left for our Utah house hunting trip, I went to Mockingjay with a group of fun friends.  Kind of crazy with everything going on but totally worth it!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures