D.C. With The Hunts
We ended up having a great day at D.C. We started out at the Holocaust Museum. It was more of a bathroom stop really. That museum is a little too intense and adult for the kids. It was a nice introduction and someday (maybe?) I'd love to go back and really go through it. Next, we went to The American History Museum which I was so excited about! That's the one museum that I knew I would love, and I knew the kids would like parts of it as well (I do have pictures of that one that I'll have to add later)
We made our way over to the monuments, and stopped for pictures as we wanted.
The Vietnam War Memorial is always so powerful.
So just the week before, there was a big story in the news about how some crazy guy, jumped the black gate around the White House and made it all the way inside The White House, before he was finally stopped! Anyway, when we got to The White House, and there was this really big perimeter sectioned off, I figured that was extra security precautions in place because of that incident. We were pretty bummed that we couldn't get a good picture of us in front of The White House.
But we just did our best for pictures :)
But then we figured out there had been an event that day, and we actually were able to get closer! I'm really glad we stayed to take those far away pictures or we wouldn't have been able to.
We met up with some of the Hunts friends and visited. And then we made our way back to our cars and drove back home. It was a great afternoon in D.C. Now I'm extra happy we did this, since it was to be our last time while Virginia residents, visiting these important monuments and museums!
Comments