Hiking the Y!

Memorial Day weekend is always so great!  I love that feeling that summer is really here.  This year here in Utah, the weather cooperated and it seemed that we were finally past the cold, rainy weather that we've had in May for sunny skies!  On Sunday we watched some You Tube Memorial videos of soldiers and histories of WWI and WWII.  Then we watched Pearl Harbor on VidAngel which was so  freakin' long!  Even with it edited and some stuff taken out, it took FOREVER.  I forgot how long that movie is.  It's hard for me to sit still watching a movie for that long on a Sunday afternoon.  I've already sat for three hours at church!  It also drives me crazy that Erik always falls asleep next to me while we are watching our family movie on Sunday.  I think I'm just jealous that I'm the worst nap taker ever haha

Anyway, on Monday we met the Hunts at J-Dawgs for lunch and then made our way over to Y Mountain for a hike!
 It really was a perfect day for a hike.  The high was only like 77, but since there is no shade as you go up Mountain, any hotter would have been miserable.

 It was pretty steep, but the kids did great! 
 Cool view!




 We were pretty happy when we made it to the top!





 The downhill was definitely faster, but harder for me!  My knees, shins, and achilles do not handle downhill very well.  In fact, those things were sore until this morning really!


After the hike, everyone came back for dinner at our house.  Oh I should mention that Peter met us on the hike, and then he brought a friend over to our house afterwards.  Paul who is in Utah this week for work came for dinner too!  And I drove over to SLC to pick up a certain little pup . . . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures