Luna Lovegood Nyholm

Last Monday night our lives changed quite dramatically.  We brought home Luna Lovegood!  And let me tell you, puppies are no joke!
I found a puppy that was being sold in Salt Lake, so I left everyone at the house while I went to pick her up.  The poor girl was so terrified!  I talked with the breeder for a long time, and learned some good tips about taking care of our new Bichon Frisé.
The breeder sent me home with some good stuff: puppy food, treats, a comb, a "blanket" that had the scent of Luna's litter mates, and a water bottle to remind me to only give her purified water (I just fill up her water bowl with fridge water).
After we got home, of course all of the kids were dying to hold her!  Only problem is she would not come out of her kennel!  I finally just pulled her out.


Erik, Paul, and Josh were behind the fence around a fire and I walked over to them while carrying Luna.  Erik asked if I wanted to sit down with them, but I told them I didn't want Luna to smell like smoke haha I know I will never live this down with Josh, who hates when people treat their pets like humans.  I do too in theory, but I knew I wouldn't bathe Luna for a while and I really didn't want to smell smoke when she was on my lap :) 

The kids have absolutely adored Luna and it's fun to see them be so gentle with her.  The first few morning they were literally fighting over who got to hold her and they got ready for school SO fast so they could start holding her in the morning.  That of course, has worn off a bit.  They still fight over who gets to have Luna on their lap for the drive to school though ;)












Wyatt woke up so early the next morning to hold Luna!
This was the picture I discovered on the breeder's Facebook page.  
During the first couple of days when Luna was so very scared (she wouldn't even eat or go potty for a couple of days!), the only thing that would get her to move and be excited was Maverick!  She loves him so much.  Maverick could care less about her I think (he just lays down no matter what).  Unless Luna's puppy food is around though- Maverick will do anything for that haha

We are still teaching Luna how to take a walk with a leash. Oh man the first time, she literally only go to our mailbox and that was enough.  I take her for a walk morning and evening and it is definitely a test of patience!










Her first visit to the vet!


Chase is so sweet with Luna too!

I let Anna and Chase play at the park while we waited for the boys to get out of school.  Luna of course attracted a lot of kids over to our area!

Overall Luna has been a very sweet puppy.  I think she has finally gotten out of her scared stupor and is pretty funny.  Last night we were all entertained while we ate our ice cream outside and watched her go crazy over a grape she found :)  I am definitely a little tired. I have to get up between 6 and 6:30 to let her out of her kennel (which is good.  I really needed to up my waked time!).  Luna has also been known to yap quite a bit in her kennel.  Usually not to bad, but there have been a couple nights where she is barking at 2, 3, or 4 in the morning.  

Oh and the house training is just WONDERFUL ;)  There has been 2 or 3 days of no accidents in the house, but most days I am cleaning up and scrubbing the carpet 1 or 2 times a day.  I know this hard stage will end though!  I'm excited to start training her more extensively too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures