Father's Day

I didn't get any pictures of Erik with the kids on Father's Day, but the day before I snapped this which actually represents some of things of that makes Erik such a great Dad.  He is a great model to them in millions of ways, but a couple that come to mind are hard work and service.  Erik is not one those that can sit still for very long :)  He always needs to be doing something (and it seem like there is always something that needs doing!)  Whether it's working on the lawn, the house, the cars, or any number of things Erik takes care of, he always has a little entourage of two adoring boys who love to watch what he's doing. 
Another thing he does so well is teach Jackson and Wyatt service.  Especially with his new calling as Elder's Quroum president, Erik has many opportunities to serve people in the ward.  And believe it or not he almost always takes the boys with him.  I'm so thankful that they have this great example (and if I'm being honest I'm thankful for the little break I get when he takes them, haha)  I know he learned these things from his father and for that I am grateful!
And of course, I would not be the person (or parent) I am today without my Dad's loving influence.  His supreme example of love, obedience, leadership, hard work, service, and selflessness is a huge blessing to me.  What I was able to experience growing up because Boyd Clements was my Dad is wonderful and amazing and was not appreciated enough while I was growing up! 
Much love to all the Dads in my life!


Comments

Molly said…
very sweet jenny! what a great dad erik is. and you know i think boyd clements is pretty wonderful too :) being a little girl at your home ALL the time, i saw what a wonderful father he really is
sally said…
It just warms my heart to hear what a good dad Erik is.... :) and I knew Jenny would be a good mother MANY years ago as she 'practiced' on her almost real dolls.

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures