Be True To Your School

Well, the first day is over and it was a success!  Jackson really was just as excited as could be.  He was totally dressed, lunch packed, and backpack on all before I even woke up!!  I think he was disappointed to find we still had 2 more hours before we needed go.

Looking so handsome!  We had a little spill we had to wipe off on his shirt right before leaving (thus the dark wet spot).  Luckily, it all dried during our walk to school :)
It was so much fun walking him with Anna and Wyatt.  Most all kids take the bus around here, but I really wanted to walk him for the first little bit.  Especially because the older kids are with him on the bus to school (I'm sure the older kids are just fine, but having him pick up 3rd grade swear words isn't something I'm ready to deal with quite yet!).  As we walked into his classroom, I noticed he was squeezing my hand a little harder.  I wondered if he was going to have a hard time, but no.  As soon as I started to say, "OK Jackson I'll pick you up at the bus stop," he was off!  I was pretty emotional, but definitely did not want him to see me cry about him going to school, so I was good about hiding it :)


I loved his expression as he emerged from the school bus that afternoon.  He told me he had a great time and loved meeting "lots of fun boys."  He gave me a quick rundown of what they did, and gushed about the school bus (buses have been a big deal to both boys).  Throughout the day he would say other random things about his day that were all positive.  Maybe the key to getting stuff out of Jackson is patience and being around him a lot!  Throughout the afternoon he also seemed to want to know just how much I missed him.  He started out and said, "Whoever missed me a lot today raise your hand."  A while later he said, "Whoever missed me a lot today touch your nose."  He did this several more times and each time I reassured them that yes, I missed him so very much!  He looked pretty proud of himself that he could elicit such a reaction each time :)

Here's to a great school year!!

Comments

Kaitlin said…
Is it weird that those pictures make ME emotional? I love him!
erin said…
whoever missed me raise your hand haha thats HILARIOUS what a big kid!
Kristen said…
I don't blame you on the bus thing, I wouldn't let mine ride until they were in at least 1st grade. What a handsome little guy you have there. I am glad his first day was a success!
Molly said…
oh my gosh he is so cute! i love the "raise your hand" thing too..what a sweetie. what a huge day for you as a mom too. so does he have all day kindergarten? does he take the bus now? how does wyatt feel about it? i need to call you

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures