When It Rains It Pours
Here is a rundown of my morning:
Woke up and came downstairs to find cups and cups of flour poured into the dishwasher. A nice present from Wyatt who had woken up with Jackson earlier.
Walked Jackson to school after at least 3 time outs. Came home and found the camera broken. He and Wyatt were trying to take the battery out to charge while we were asleep.
Took Anna and Wyatt to our home inspection of the beautiful house we were going to buy. The house reeked of smoke. The owners had done a really great job of covering up the smoke smell while they were trying to sell it. I came home and did A TON of research on what is coined "third hand smoke" (even talking to some people at the American Cancer Society). Basically it's really dangerous for children under 5 (so pretty much 100% of my children!). It may be possible to get it out, ripping out the flooring, painting every inch of the walls and ceilings with a special primer, getting air ducts professionally clean, making the whole thing not worth it! So, now we have 4 weeks to find a new house and close on it before we are kicked out of this rental.
All day, I have felt a pit in my stomach. However, after a nice run on the treadmill this evening, I feel oddly at peace. Whatever needs to happen will happen. I'm sure the next few weeks will be stressful, but c'mon we are Nyholms and Clements', we can handle it!! :)
Woke up and came downstairs to find cups and cups of flour poured into the dishwasher. A nice present from Wyatt who had woken up with Jackson earlier.
Walked Jackson to school after at least 3 time outs. Came home and found the camera broken. He and Wyatt were trying to take the battery out to charge while we were asleep.
Took Anna and Wyatt to our home inspection of the beautiful house we were going to buy. The house reeked of smoke. The owners had done a really great job of covering up the smoke smell while they were trying to sell it. I came home and did A TON of research on what is coined "third hand smoke" (even talking to some people at the American Cancer Society). Basically it's really dangerous for children under 5 (so pretty much 100% of my children!). It may be possible to get it out, ripping out the flooring, painting every inch of the walls and ceilings with a special primer, getting air ducts professionally clean, making the whole thing not worth it! So, now we have 4 weeks to find a new house and close on it before we are kicked out of this rental.
All day, I have felt a pit in my stomach. However, after a nice run on the treadmill this evening, I feel oddly at peace. Whatever needs to happen will happen. I'm sure the next few weeks will be stressful, but c'mon we are Nyholms and Clements', we can handle it!! :)
Comments