Gardening Woes
. My two tomato plants and my green pepper plant have some sort of disease. Sad! My previous gardens never had this type of thing. I think this is what happens when you buy plant starts on clearance after all of the good ones have been taken.
And this is what happens when you have a dog that likes to chew up plastic container pots. Poor cilantro!
At least the basil has been growing well. I've already put up one big batch of pesto in the freezer, and I think it's about time to do another!
And in unrelated Anna news, she had her 4 month well check up today. She did so great. In fact it almost made me sad that she barely cried after her shots. I don't know why, but somehow it was sadder. She is still at the top of the charts for weight, off the charts for height, and above average for head size.
And a "funny" Anna story: I was out in the foyer with her during the Sacrament yesterday, during church. We were standing next to a bunch of "bug boys" (you know who I'm taking about? Those returned missionaries that take summer jobs selling pest control or alarm systems- usually from BYU). Anyway, Anna suddenly spit up all over me, her the diaper bag, the floor . . . you get the idea. It was a doozy, even for her. As I was cleaning it up, I glanced over at the bug boys and saw the most horrific look of disgust I think I have ever seen! They were seriously soooo freaked out. It made me chuckle to myself that I am so nonplussed by spit up (granted it has to be coming out of my own kid), and others are so grossed out by it!
Comments
So I'm curious...I attempted my first potted garden this summer, so say we've got carrots...do you know if once I pull those I just start planting them again or is it done for the season? Do you keep yours year round? I really have no idea what I'm doing so I was excited to read that you potted yours as well!