Living History

We were walking around downtown yesterday on our way to the Children's Museum.  On our way there we stopped at several familiar stops along the way (statues, funny shop windows, fountain, etc).  At one stop, I finally read the plaque that I had always noticed, but never took the time to read.  It was about the courthouse building that was converted to a civil war hospital.  After the Battle of Kernstown, a woman took wounded soldiers there and nursed them . . . crazy to think of all the history that surrounds me.

Comments

kathryn said…
That's so fun that you are living in a such a history rich area! I can't wait to come out and visit!
Kristen said…
That is one thing I really love about living out here, there is history everywhere you look! My boys love to go to battlefields and plantations to learn about how life was back in the day.

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures