I'm Movin' To The Country and Gonna Eat a lot of Peaches
Does anyone remember that song? The boys and I listened to it yesterday on YouTube, and it instantly brought me back to Ms. Tingey's 8th grade science class at Delta Sierra . . . yikes!
Yesterday there was a peach fesitival at an orchard nearby. I was a little too excited about this thing, planning for weeks to go. It wasn't anything too special, but it was just right for our little family!
It was sprinkling when we left our house, and by the time we got to peach festival, it was pouring rain! We debated if we should even go at that point, but the kids insisted. I figured if nothing else I could get my produce loot for the next few days.
Those were hard earned peach cobblers. I got soaked standing in line for them, and let me tell you they were delicious! Seriously the best peach cobbler I've ever had. I need to figure out a similar recipe now!
Kids are so funny, and will brave anything to play on a playground!
Anna, Erik, and I enjoyed the dry porch!
Luckily, it did finally stop raining, and the kids were able to go on the long promised cow train ride
Except Wyatt didn't feel like going on the cow train ride without me. So I literally squeezed myself into the tiniest car they had (the only bigger one was taken already!), and put Wyatt on top of my knees. Not too comfortable- what we do as Moms! :)
Erik is so good at getting Anna to sleep on his shoulder when we're out or at church.
Scary (handsome) tiger! I'm now a little too excited about the apple festival in October. They will have 21 different varieties of apples, yum!
And here a few random pictures from the last few days . . .
We've had another nice break from the humidity and heat, hooray!
Using their free donut coupon from the library summer reading program. Sorry about all of the open mouth, eating shots . . . we better work on that :)
Comments