April Stuff

Anna wanted a picture of her running in her running clothes :)
Caterpillar update

Jackson had his first flag football game and did a great job! He seems to be enjoying it which is what makes driving to and from practices and games worth it :)

Out of all the sports teams he has been on, I think this is the first time that he has had a friend with him.  It really does make it so much  more fun!
After the football games, both boys went to friends' houses, so Erik and I took Anna to Cafe Rio for lunch :)  She had fun making words and animals out of her gummy worms we brought.




Later in the day, her friend Chase came over.  They are so cute together!
I had to brag about Erik on instagram and Facebook, because I really can't believe how hard he works.  Yes, it gets annoying sometimes to not have him in the house, but I am so excited for our backyard to be what we want it to be.  And I have to just stand in awe of his energizer bunny-ness.  He literally comes straight home from work to the backyard, comes in to eat a quick dinner, then heads back out to work until after dark.  Every day he does this.  Saturday he is at it from early morning until dark.  Crazy!  I need to see if I have old pics of the backyard from last year, so I can do a progress post on what is going on.
On Sunday we went up to Roy for Asher's birthday.  It's always fun hanging out with the Hunts!  I also was so impressed with how good Josh is with the kids (it wasn't a surprise, I see him play with the kids often).  But it really was so cute to see him teaching them some football moves-- he is so patient!  While we were there, I had Kaitlin video our family acting out a little skit for our old ward in Virginia.  Mike Shake called a week before and asked if we would send in a little skit that they could play between acts during their ward talent show.  I found an old cub scout skit that was sufficiently corny and we gave it a go.  It was pretty rough, but oh well!


Taking on the J shape! 
I have really been obsessed with Broadway lately, including the ones I was obsessed with growing up.  Miss Saigon was one of those.  I remember just feeling heartbroken reading the lyrics to this musical while listening to it.  It is the story of a Vietnamese prostitute that falls in love with an American GI rights as the Americans are leaving Saigon.  It is so sad!  But Lea Solanga's voice is so gorgeous (just think about Mulan and Jasmine's singing voice!).  Anyway, I Still Believe is probably my favorite song.  As I listen to it now though it is interesting to hear how dated it is.  Like there are some serious late 80s synthetics going on!
Anna had her cute friend Chloe over the other day.  They play really well together.  And of course they asked for some photos haha This generations is doomed to egotism lol





Chrysalides!
Wyatt always cracks me up in this ape costume.

I met Kaitlin and Peter for lunch in American Fork and found the way that Anna and Toa kept themselves happy while we visited!



Cement curbing got put in!

Here is my Hamilton necklace!
Logan had bought tickets to Ellie Goulding in Salt Lake as a Christmas present to Sydney.  But since they left back for VA earlier than anticipated, he gave the tickets to me and Erik.  I was so excited to go.  She was so fun to watch live.  That girl has some moves!


I should also add that because it was mutual night and a night that many of my friends' kids had baseball games, we couldn't find anyone to babysit.  So we left them!  We've been doing that for a while now, but never for that long or that late.  I checked in on them every so often and they did great.  We left the concert early too, so we could be home around 10.  I must say it is nice to have that option with older kids!
I've been trying to find a new running shoe and have test tried all of these.  The winner by a long shot was the Brooks pair.  The Asics GT-2000 that I have been using and replacing for YEARS have become so narrow (or my foot has gotten even wider?) that I knew I needed something different.  I even tried the EE width instead of my usual D and that was still too narrow.  I finally decided this morning and it felt so good to run in the Brooks.  I'm excited about the change!
Anna's preschool did a cute "art and science show" for parents a couple of weeks ago.  It was really fun to see.  I didn't think to take pictures until after all of Anna's artwork was put into her art folder though!



After preschool and Target, Anna wanted to do one of the science experiments at home.  I swear I use more vinegar for making "volcanoes" than anything else!



This email I got after the last Democratic debate cracked me up.  The DNC wants to start building their coffers for the general, but because they don't know for sure who will win the primary (well I think most people can guess at this point), they send out this email.  "One of Them for President" is hilarious political tagline!
We finally transferred the chrysalides to the butterfly net.  I realize I am weirdly obsessed with these!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures