Rockin' the Vote
Utah finally had their caucus! I was pretty excited because I remember how fun it was to go to the Idaho caucus and support Barack Obama in '08. However, this one was crazy! I waited in a line that was 100 minutes long (so I missed the actual caucus meeting!) and then just filled out my paper ballot and that was that. I'm pretty bugged because Utah has previously always done a state wide primary, but switched to a party run "presidential preference caucus" to save money. Of course the democratic party in Utah is not very powerful (ha that's an understatement!), so there were not enough volunteers, locations, or even ballots (some people were running out making more copies on their own dime around the state!). Anyway, it drives me crazy, because if there is one thing that should be protected more fiercely than anything else it is our voting process. I hope this didn't scare away any first time voters from voting in a general election! Oh and of course my girl Hilary lost dreadfully in Utah. I like Bernie Sanders just fine, but I really think we could not ask for a more experienced, smart president than Clinton. (And yes I realize that is not a popular sentiment here in Utah. I had to try and defend her to my ward book club last week, blech!) It looks like her fight for the nomination isn't over yet. She lost to Bernie in Wisconsin yesterday!
My finally voted face!
Cute girl had her yearly check up. Luckily there were no shots to deal with since she got her kindergarten shots last year.
Another fun memory from facebook. The human body is seriously amazing!
Comments