Conference Weekend And Then Some

 Conference Weekend was so great!  We missed the first part of Saturday morning session, but we were able to be together for the rest.  I love how low key and home bound the weekend always is.  This time for our "listening incentives" we had bowls of candy out and every time they took notes during a talk, they got to pick one out.  I liked this system much more than others I have done and will probably continue this in the future.


 During our Sunday walk, we discovered a bird egg from last year!

 I saw this article on BuzzFeed, that was netflix based.  It made me chuckle.  I always like following along to Women's Health twitter account whenever there is a big TV event (Oscars, Super Bowl, etc) that does something similar.
 While Anna and I were driving home one afternoon, a song that was literally on the radio every single morning we drove into Disney came on and it made me miss Disney World of course.
 But then I came home to my Shutterfly book I made of the whole vacation, so that was fun!
One of my favorite quotes from Conference.  Uchtdorf's and Holland's talk were especially powerful and uplifting to me.  I also really loved the one on family councils, and I'm excited to incorporate that  more consistently into our family.  I really am so thankful for the spiritual recharge I get from Conference!
 Anna and I met Erik for lunch at our favorite sandwich place (Village Baker), but I brought a Happy Meal for Anna, thinking it wouldn't be worth it to buy an expensive sandwich for her.  Since then though I've discovered that they sell slices of pizza for $2- which is perfect!
 It wouldn't be a lovely spring day if Anna didn't request some photos taken by some blossoming trees.  I love her!



 As I waiting in the car for Jackson's football practice to be done, a friend of mine whose son is on Jackson's team hopped in my car to chat while we waited.  Unfortunately it was one of those days where my car was truly messy!  It was so embarrassing.  I had to text her a picture of my clean car the next day to show I'm not always in a mess haha
 I thought this picture was so stunning I saw on instagram.  I think it's of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple-- our temple! :)
 Anna LOVES the Toca Hair Salon game on my phone and I always crack up when I see these silly pictures she creates!

 Awkward post-hair appointment selfie!
 Waiting for the boys to get out of school at the park

 One of Anna's birthday presents was a cup of caterpillars.  I was so excited when it finally came!  I am so fascinated with those!


 I love when I get to read the boys' writing assignments. Wyatt the truck driver! :)
 Kind of an awkward photo, but I love how Jackson has started to "dress up" a little more. He was requested jeans, athletic polo shirts, and nicer T-shirts.  Oh and he has finally started to wear the high tops I bought the boys for our family picture last fall!
 It's hard for me to know what to say about my brother's diagnosis.  It was a terrible evening when my Mom called to tell me about his recently discovered luekemia. I have been totally blown away and amazed by his optimistic perspective though!  Everything has just become crystal clear in his mind of what is important (more than it had I guess.  Joseph has always had a really strong testimony and faith in the eternal plan).  He is so thankful for the people and love that surrounds him, and I can't help but try and emulate that.  He has a long road ahead of him, but luckily his diagnosis is one that should be treated and managed.  The treatment of course is unpleasant, long, and will affect his ability to support his family for a while.   So I was so happy to see a go fund me account that Meridee's sister had set up and even happier to see all of the people that donated and left kind notes to Joseph.  It really is nice to see the goodness in people!
 Caterpillars, even bigger!
 I had two free movie tickets so I decided to take the boys to see Batman v Superman on a Friday afternoon (Erik had come home a touch early from work).  It was fun to be with the kids and the movie had a couple of things going for it (most notably Henry Cavill's hotness haha), but the movie made realize how much better Marvel movies are than DC movies.  There was just no levity at all in Batman v. Superman, and it was so violent (like smashing people around- not anything grotesque).  It just seemed pointless to me.  I'm super excited for Captain America Civil War though! In fact, I'm buying tickets for that one tonight! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures