It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

Our ward Christmas party was a couple of weeks ago.  Erik finally got his wish of an adults only ward Christmas dinner (they voted on it in ward council, but there were VERY strong feelings against it even though it won).  Anyway, being in the RS presidency, it was fun to help plan and see it all come together (and really I didn't contribute that much at all!).  Each table was set up in the theme of a different Christmas movies.  It was fun to help think of what we could put on each table!










It was set up  a bit like speed dating where you move around.  After each course two or three people would move together to a new table.  It was a fun way to get to talk with people that you normally wouldn't.  We also played family feud and ate lots of good food!


I think this may be my favorite snap chat yet.  It makes me laugh whenever I see it.
This is about as fancy as we get for Sunday hair!
So I got an alert on my phone that Hamilton San Francisco would be going on sale, but only as a presale for American Express Gold customers.  So naturally, I called and got an AMEX card.  When I told the AMEX guy on the phone what I was getting the card for, he laughed and said they had a special meeting the day before just to learn how to handle all of the Hamilton questions that were sure to come in over the next week haha.  Anyway, so my AMEX card did NOT come in time for the start of the presale.  However, my brother Joseph has one and said I could use it.  So card in hand, I got online about 7 minutes after the presale started.
Well that was a big mistake, because already I was number 66,374.  After waiting hours I was finally kicked out of line, because the number of presale tickets sold out.  
I was pretty depressed because I felt like this was my only chance to see Hamilton in the next couple of years.  Erik and I have talked about getting to New York again, but Hamilton is still sold out months and months ahead, and since we already have two couples only trips next year, it just didn't seem like a feasible idea.  SLC will get Hamiton in 2018, but I called the box office and they said unless you already have season tickets for 2016-2017 season the chance of getting season tickets the next year, let alone just Hamilton tickets were next to nothing! (the Broadway touring shows sell out crazy fast in SLC-- like I've tried going to 4 shows since moving here and its impossible).  Anyway, I was super bummed, but whatever.
Wyatt came up with a creative solution of having to go into a just used bathroom that didn't smell the greatest haha

Anna and her friend Zack love playing screens together! ;)
So on Thursday (or was it Tuesday?) afternoon, Anna's BFF Chase dropped a heavy stool on his toe and pretty much split it open (along with toe nail!).  So Erin dropped off Blake and Collin, which made Jackson and Wyatt as happy as can be, but we sure felt bad for little Chase.  He ended up going to Primary Children's Hospital, since they needed to put him under to sew his toenail and skin back together, and poor Erin and Kyle didn't get homed until 1am!

Anna made a sweet card for Chase: "Frum Anna to Chase I love you"
We had to send selfies in to Kesley for our annual Nyholm Family Book.

The Elves brought the kids some nice cozy clothes!



After they got ready for school, I noticed Wyatt's eye was a little puffy so I decided to take him into the Dr and just make sure everything was OK.  Well come to find out he had 2 ear infections and pink eye!  I felt so bad.  Wyatt had never complained about his ear at all, but after taking the antibiotic for a few days he said, "Mom!  Now I don't hear a whooshing sound all day long in my ear!"  Poor guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures