Thanksgiving and Christmas Fun

 Anna had  her cute Kindergarten Thanksgiving feast the day before Thanksgiving.  I love the kindergarten age so much, and I'm having a hard time thinking this is my last time experiencing it :( 
 I found a turkey brine and prep recipe I liked.  Unfortuanltey the brine and turkey were so heavy in the bucket and I had to carry it down the stairs to a different fridge.  The next day, I realized I hurt my back a bit!
 Erin and Kyle Coles were so cute and invited a bunch of neighborhood kids over for a football game at the park.  Erin took the littler kids to the playground. :) 
 Once it was time to put the turkey in the oven,  Josh and Erik helped put some finishing touches on it. 
 And while the turkey roasted, we saw Moana!  It was so good!  I wish I could see it again, but I guess I will wait until the DVD release. :) 


 The turkey and everything else turned out great!  I love Thanksgiving food- yum yum!

 The Hunts spent the night, so Kaitlin and I could do some Black Friday shopping.  We mostly did Target, but also went to a few other stores in that same shopping center.  We didn't go out until 11ish

 Selfies with Manaia and Luna :) 

 Even though I put up the tree before Thanksgiving, I did show a little restraint and we decorated the tree the day after Thanksgiving.   I love all of our ornaments that serve as a scrapbook and reminds me of so many great memories.



 Since the tree was finished, it meant the elves were ready to come join us!  The kids put their shoes out to be filled by the elves the night we finish decorating, and only if the elves approve of the decorating, do they leave goodies in their shoes :) 

 Erik put up some nets in all the kids rooms to hold their many, many stuffed toys.  It's nice not having them all fall off their beds every day!
 And of course my Thanksgiving weekend included lots of Gilmore revival.  I have very mixed feelings about the revival, but it was definitely fun to venture back to Stars Hallow.  My only hope now is that they make another revival so terrible Rory can redeem herself!




 The kids were pretty into board games over the holiday weekend as well.
 Chase and Anna doing what they do :) 

 I didn't get (or pay attention to) the memo of brining a favorite Christmas treat to book club.  At least I got to enjoy them haha
 The kids had German pancakes at the Coles one evening, so I wanted to try it the next morning.  They didn't really like my recipe though, so I had to try again!

 Second attempt was better because I asked Erin for her recipe, however she didn't tell me she only uses half the butter called for, so it was way too greasy.  Third time's the charm I guess!
 Fancy snapchat filters are always fun :) 
 Elf hijinks
 And Elf presents!

 Hot cocoa in Christmas mugs are always tastier!


 Sweet little Luna finally got a much needed bath!
And I enjoyed my yearly viewing of It's a Wonderful Life.  Movies do not come more heart felt than this one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures