Work Parties And Other Stuff


 Erik and I attended the Salt Lake Builder's Association Gala since ProBuild is a sponsor of it.  It was fun watching Erik speak to the crowd for a bit.  His talents are so different from mine, and I'm always amazed at his ability to confidently lead a room.  He's pretty awesome.  It was a pretty fun dinner.  We were seated next to some really nice couples that were fun to get to know.  The food was delicious and it was fun to watch the auction at the end!




 It's fast pass time for our quick Orlando trip in January!  I can't believe this bonus trip came to be, and I'm sooo excited to hang out with Brett and Amanda for part of the time!
 One of Erik's Christmas presents was bought back in September when I saw Jim Gaffigan was coming to Salt Lake in December.  I asked the Coles and the Childs if they wanted to join us, and we all kept the secret from our husbands until the day before (except for Andrea who kept Britton in suspense until we were at dinner before the show!).  Even though Erik didn't know how Jim Gaffigan was I KNEW he would love it.  Listening to Erik laugh is honestly one of my favorite things to do.  He laughs loudly, joyfully, and easily and it is such a welcome sound to me!

 The next night, we went to production of The Nutcracker with Kaitlin and her girls, and some of her friends.  We met at Cafe Rio before hand and then saw the ballet.  It was great!  I was really impressed!!





 The whole group :) 
 Last Sunday morning, the kids were doing a lot of art work and I loved this portrait Wyatt made of his favorite football player.  I think I'm going to mail it to a fan mail address for Odell.

 On Sunday evening we drove up to the Hunt's for Manaia's birthday and for a Christmas get together since they will be in CA for Christmast this year.  We enjoyed the White Elephant gift exchange like usual!
 Monday at 11:00am the general sale opened up and I had no hope of getting tickets, but I was only number 5711, so that was much better than last time!


And sure enough, I actually got some!  I went ahead and bought the max (6), thinking that my family would buy the others.  Well, now Rebecca and my Mom have plans to get season passes to the touring shows in Las Vegas to be assured going when they have Hamilton in 2018.  So, now I have some tickets to sell haha  I will wait to try and sell them in March, and I hope I don't have a hard time doing it!


Mariah was in another local play, and this time she got her Dad to be part of it!  It was fun seeing Joseph play the minister of "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" and Marriah did a great job as always!


Anna and I enjoyed a treat at Target.  To be honest I had to because Anna hadn't had breakfast yet haha Vanilla milk to the rescue! :) 
Erik's family work was at a bowling alley (this time it was a much nicer bowling alley than last year's!).  It was a lot of fun!


The kids were soooo excited that they got to play arcade games as well.  Usually we always tell them no when we are bowling!


I have been so emotional lately and watching this Charlie Rose interview with the people that made the Boston Marathon bombing movie and the Boston police commissioner really got the water works going!  I really want to see that movie, but I'm sure it will be hard to watch!
The kids and I met Erik at a credit union down the street one evening to finally open their savings accounts!  Jackson has been accruing savings ever since he started getting allowance at 8!  He wasn't that thrilled to be there though- we made him say no to a friend's house to go.


I had to get some final Christmas gifts at the mall, and since it was during lunch time I decided to get a yummy bowl of pho!
What I often see on my phone when I've left the kids while I go on errands haha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures