8 Is Great
8 months old. Boy oh boy, she is growing up! This month has been a fun one for Anna. She is really communicating with us in so many ways; it just feels more and more like she is a full on- interactive member of our family.
She's still doing the army crawl a little, but in the past couple of weeks has started real crawling. I'd say she's about 70 % real crawl/ 30 % army crawl. Either way is so cute! Her sitting up has gotten very stable in the past month too.
She is more vocal than my boys were at this age. Sometimes she just goes on and on, jabbering quite loud to her brothers or to me. The look in her eye is just so clear that she really is trying to say something. I love it!
She's starting to really have stranger anxiety, but while I'm holding her she'll smile and have fun with people that she sees. She did get babysat for the very first time for two hours on Saturday and did great!
She loves whenever her Daddy comes home from work. They really have a special bond that is super sweet. She also gets really excited when she sees Maverick out the window, but isn't too interested in being up close and personal with him.
As far as her sleeping, it's still fair to not so great most nights. Some nights she really will only wake up once, but that is rare. She also is in transition right now with her naps, which has made life interesting. Oh yeah, she has cut her first tooth and is on her second one right now. I'm sure that has something to do with her sleeping being even more off.
She actually eats baby food, which is a complete shock to me. I honestly didn't think babies ever did, because my boys hated solid foods until they were eating like spaghetti or something. She loves cheerios, frozen fruit in those mesh baskets, most fruit baby foods, the baby cereals, and she loves loves loves sweet potatoes!
As you can see I didn't edit out any pictures from my little photo session with her last Sunday. She was wearing one of my favorite outfits she has, so I couldn't resist. Speaking of her clothes, one of my favorite things is hearing Jackson's reaction to what she is wearing. Whenever, she is wearing something new, or especially girly Jackson will say, "Oh look at you! You are the cutest thing ever!" Then he'll get kind of serious and say to me, "Mom no one is cute than Anna!" I guess I need to tone down the competitive edge, but it's funny to hear this from a 5 year old boy :)
She really has been having a lot of fun with Wyatt lately in the mornings. Wyatt can almost always make her laugh (and laugh and laugh).
love love love my Anna girl!
Cheesin' it up during breakfast
I love watching the way babies play with each other!
Comments