Snowtober!
This past weekend was started off with Piper coming to hang out with us. She is Wyatt's fellow nursery goer (and my friend Amanda's daughter). She is such a funny, cute girl- it was a lot of fun. I also loved that Wyatt got to have someone over "just for him." It's usually only Jackson who gets the play dates (and frankly out the two, he is the only that wants them). However, in the safety of his own home, Wyatt liked being the host for the afternoon!
And then Saturday morning, we woke up to this! I really was shocked. I heard the forecasts, but you never know until it happens. It really was pretty, and made me want to listen to Christmas music (which I did).
After digging around boxes, we finally found suitable snow attire and headed outside.
It took Jackson a little longer to join me and Wyatt, but once he did he was really loving it!
Maverick couldn't resist the tasty snow angel.
The best part of playing in the snow, has to be the hot chocolate afterwards. I may have already mentioned my love of hot chocolate and my favorite recipe, but in case I didn't here is the recipe for the most delicious, and not too bad for you hot cocoa:
2 TB of cocoa powder
1/2 - 1 TB of sugar (depending on how virtuous I'm feeling)
a dash of salt
1/4 tsp. of vanilla
mix it up, pour the milk, and then microwave. This is actually just the recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa box, with less sugar. It is soooo good!
While Wyatt and I warmed up, it was fun watching Jackson on his wintry, slippery slide.
Long after we were done with our cocoa, Jackson finally said he was "cold from his nose to his toes" and was ready to come in. This was definitely my kind of snow storm, because it lasted only one day. The rest of this week has been in the 60s and super sunny. You would never know there was so much snow on the ground days ago!
That evening, we finally convinced Erik that we needed to carve pumpkins (he's not the biggest fan of this activity). The boys had a great time, apart from them getting their hands slimy which they did not like!
On Sunday, we had the primary program during Sacrament meeting. Jackson did such a great job memorizing and saying his line. I really had no idea how this was going to go, because last year (his first year in Primary which seems hard to believe right now) he wouldn't even go up. I'm sure that had more to do with the fact we had just moved into this ward when they did the program than anything. But I was relieved just the same that he enjoyed being up front and participating. Next year, we'll have two kids in the program!
Sunday was also the day I taught my first joint YW lessons, which I was kind of nervous about. As part of my handout I gave these mints to the girls with a scripture attached. These mints are strong. Like it kind of tastes like you are sucking a tube of toothpaste. Anyway, Wyatt decided that he liked them and I guess he got into a whole pack and ate every last one of them at some point on Sunday afternoon! Later that evening, while we were at the Taylors for dessert, he was super fussy and upset. We finally decided we better just leave (after only being there for like 15 minutes) and as soon as we got the kids in their pajamas and into bed, Wyatt threw up all over the bed! Those mints really did a number on his poor tummy!!
Comments