Meanwhile in Colorado . . . .


Probably didn't expect to see too many dead animals on my blog did you?  Well, I'm married to a hunter so there you go! :)  Erik had a great time during his trip.  I think it accomplished its task of de-stressing him and creating lots of bonding time for he and his Dad and Jeremy and Paul.


He was pretty excited about the bull he got to add to the collection of antlers he has.


I think I already mentioned this, but having not been around hunting growing up, it was definitely a different experience for me to be around.  However, I really believe that eating meat that you hunt is like the ultimate way to eat green.  Unless of course, you're a vegan and are strictly against any animal products, but I'm not.  Luckily too, the elk meat that we eat is much more mild and tastier than deer meat.  So all in all, I'm happy to support Erik in his hobby! :)

Comments

erin said…
so obviously i grew up around hunters/by a hunter and these pictures are still pretty disgusting! they dont make me gag or anything, but really, look at that poor elk all hung and ew!

and might you add to eating elk...... super lean too! wish i had me some!
Molly said…
Oh man those are pretty gross! But I'm glad you guys put the meat to use and it's not just shooting deer for the heck of it!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures