Conference Weekend and an Old Camera Card
There is no better way to kick off the weekend than with a homemade pizza. It seriously feels more like a Friday when there's one in the oven.
While Erik finished cutting the lawn Friday evening, I took the kids for a jog. It's so much fun running alongside Jackson riding his bike with Wyatt and Anna in the front. I especially love it when Anna nicely falls asleep for me :)
Of course we have to cap off our jog with a stop at the playground.
So this Conference weekend, I noticed a pattern that has been going on with me for a couple of years. I start Saturday morning, full of high expectations. Armed with my print out "conference packets", and different tips I've collected from friends, I feel certain that this is the time when the kids are just going to stay quiet the entire time, catch little snippets of doctrine, feel the Spirit, see the example of their parents taking notes, etc, etc. And then during the first session the kids will get bored with their packet, they'll get into an argument, Anna will be fussy, or whatever and I realize my picture of how this will go down IS NOT HOW IT'S GOING TO GO DOWN. Luckily, it didn't take me too long to realize stressing out like this is not really the point of General Conference. Yes, I do want my kids to learn to pay attention and feel the Spirit, but it certainly won't happen any faster with me worrying about it so much. After lowering my expectations, we actually had a really nice Conference weekend haha. No I wasn't able to take notes on every talk, but there were moments that were just pure bliss. At one point all of us were on the couch together while President Monson spoke and it just made me so grateful for all of the people on that couch. Man, I love my family! I really enjoyed Pres. Uchtdorf's talk (and the kids really get excited when they see him- they love to say his name). Oh and that skittle game in the picture? That did help the boys pay attention a bit. Each session, I brought something else out: the skittle game, the conference packet, new coloring book, and a craft were nice easy things that kept them in the room at least :) Next time, hopefully I'll remember not to stress so much at the beginning!
We also really lucked out with gorgeous weather on Sunday that allowed us to walk to the playground. We met the Clingermans there, and had a nice time in between sessions.
Oh and I forgot to put my SD card back into my camera after loading pictures onto my computer. When I went to take a picture I put the backup one in that stays in the camera case. I was so surprised to see these really old pictures that were from Visalia over two years ago. I couldn't resist putting them up. Look at adorable Wyatt!!
I know it hasn't been that long, but Wyatt obviously has changed a ton. It makes me wish I could just go back for a day and cuddle with that baby!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Comments
oh and the picture of you with baby wyatt made me tear up and miss you :( you just look like the sweetest most loving mother, which really, you are