Rain Party


Yesterday, after seeing the depressing weather report filled with a week of cold, wind, and rain, the boys and I decided to throw a rain party.  I thought of a couple of activities and we invited some friends.
Well, characteristically for me, I tried getting way too much done this morning and didn't really have time to gather the necessary supplies and stuff so I was running around like a chicken with it's head chopped off.  I also kept thinking of things that would've made the party more fun, so maybe I'll have to try this again sometime.
We made rain sticks, played pin the rain drop on the flower, rainy day activities-charades, nature walk in the rain, and ate sugar cookies frosted white with blue sprinkles.  Jackson thought of those, thinking they would look like rain drops.


over all it was fun b/c there were fun friends there, but not really due to my party skills :)
The finale of the party was decidedly unfun.  Lisa, Amanda, and I were in the kitchen talking and we heard a really loud, sad, scream/cry.  I ran downstairs to find Wyatt holding his head with blood pouring through his fingers.  I guess Jackson was spinning Wyatt around in the spinny chair and Wyatt fell out and onto the corner of the train table- ouch!!!!  The wound really looked very open and deep and I was pretty sure we would have to go to the hospital for stitches.  Amanda and Lisa immediately sprung into action and helped me out so much, holding Anna, getting ice, etc.- they were lifesavers!  Erik also came home quick to help me assess if we should go or not.  He ended up putting steri strips on and the skin seems to be holding together now.  However, there is still some bleeding and oozing, so hopefully it stays clean and heals well!!  It didn't keep Wyatt down for too long, but it is never easy to see your kids hurt.  I just wanted to hold him and comfort him the rest of the day!

Comments

Molly said…
ok the rainy day looked so cute jenny, and what a wonderful mommy you are to even think of it and to then actually do it! i think you're amazing.
and poor little wyatt..it is so hard to see our babies hurt!! i'm so glad you had erik (and others) there to help too

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures