Entertain Me
On Friday evening, the Meyers who live down the road hosted a movie night. It was so much fun! They have an awesome projector and surround sound, so it really was like a movie theater. We watched Rio, which I had never seen before. That movie has some danceable music!
On Saturday evening I took Jackson on a special date. We started off with dinner at Subway which is always yummy! I even let Jackson get chips and a drink- special! :) Our conversations were pretty entertaining. They ranged from the size of a bald eagle's nest to how many years it will be before Jackson is 18. He is one fun guy to be around!
Then we went to Milbrook's High School's production of Bye Bye Birdie. Several of the youth in our ward were in it, so I wanted to go (not to mention that Bye Bye Birdie will always hold a special place in my heart for many reasons). Jackson, who has been very interested in teenagers lately (see above conversation), said he really wanted to come with me.
The play was a lot of fun, if a bit long. We didn't get out until after 9:30, way past Jackson's bedtime. He said he really enjoyed the show though. When I woke up Sunday morning I heard Jackson say to Wyatt, "let's play Bye bye Birdie. Do you want to be the rock star? I'll be the guy that punches the rock star in the face." (that was an actual scene in the play and apparently it was quite memorable for Jackson!).
I just remembered that Jackson scored his first goal ever in a soccer game on Saturday. He was so proud of himself- it was great to see him so happy!
Comments