Easter Sunday

Our Easter preparations were definitely cut a little short this year due to our camping trip.  Erik and I plotted how we were going to get everything done that needed getting done that day (take Jackson to party, grocery shop, mow the lawn, unpack, clean out trailer, we both had lessons to prepare for Sunday, dye Easter eggs, make Easter treats for Beehives, make birthday treat for one of the Beehives).  I was very impressed that we managed to do it all (though it meant we couldn't do our usual weekend redbox).  I am so lucky to be married to such a hard worker that does not really have a lazy bone in his body!
While I was making the chocolate chip cookies for Hannah, Erik dyed the Easter eggs.  It was pretty darn cute seeing my three favorite boys coloring eggs together!



I've decided it's pretty fun being the Easter bunny!  There is not many expectations- it's really just a fun excuse to get some little gifts and candy.  When I got up at 5:30 Easter morning to nurse Anna, I heard Jackson and Wyatt running around downstairs trying to find their baskets.  Erik went down and tried to get them to go back to bed, but there was no going back after eating candy and seeing their loot. 
Why I thought I could take family pictures before our 9:00 church I'm not sure.  I am always scrambling just to get to church on time!  Of course on the way home, Wyatt completely crashed (due to his candy breakfast and 5:30 wake up call).  I decided to just let him get his needed his sleep, so we really didn't get a family picture- oh well maybe next year!
We did try to take a few pics while Wyatt slept.   




Yup, dressing a little girl continues to be a lot of fun :)




Handsome boy :) Sure wish I could have gotten the three of them together though.

This year's Easter dinner was roasted lamb,  jello eggs, salad, green beans, sugared carrots, and rosemary red potatoes.
And dessert was raspberry shortcake (using leftover shortcake from our camping trip made it pretty easy!).
One of the speakers at church talked about how Easter is her very favorite holiday.  Partly because of the low expectations in terms of gift giving/decorating, and because of the wonderful time of year that it is- everything is new and beautiful.  And of course it represents the crux of our religion.  Celebrating the life of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for us.  What it means and what it makes possible for us all.  I have to agree (though Christmas is still my favorite holiday).  I was really thankful that I got to teach on Easter this year.  Pausing to really reflect on the meaning made it much more special to me.  I'm very thankful for my Savior and His incomprehensible love for me.

Comments

Kaitlin said…
Where is your skirt from? I want it! And I love Anna's dress...and I love you all!
Kelsey said…
Seems like this was the year for crammed Easter festivities (mine was due more to poor planing rather than having so much to do like you). That raspberry shortcake looks delicious!
Molly said…
wow you had one busy saturday! i love your cute yellow shoes and all the pretty easter pictures...i love seeing you with your baby girl all dressed up- SO fun!

Popular posts from this blog

One Weekend, Three Living Arraignments

21 Weeks

Pictures, Pictures